What does your screen name mean?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Awesome. That's one of my favorite books.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My screen name comes from my given name "Michael" and the nickname I used for most of my life "Mike". I am a fan of the late, great Douglas Adams and have just about every published variation of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I have friends whose 20 something kids have known me as "Mister Mike" since they took their first steps. A few years ago, purely by chance, some of my younger coworkers also began calling me Mr. Mike.

When I decided I needed an online identity that no else had, I discovered that I could combine 2 things; my love for HHGTTG and Mister Mike. There is a plot point near the end of the first book where this question is asked, "What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9?". The answer to that question explains a lot about this world .... ;)
Damn I love those books. I never saw the BBS TV show they had based on the books, but I did see the horrific movie. It blew chunks. I'm sorry if you liked it, but inside the theater, people threw things at the screen. It was brutal. I was disappointed in the movie.

I wanted to go and read the books again. They are so good! I don't know many people who even know anything about the series.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Oh I didn't post what my name meant. I kinda didn't think I had too. Nappy knew and called me on it some time ago. It's really simple and he figured it out.

It was born out of being on different sites and not being able to figure out a clever name, so I just spelled my name backwards and that is what I use. It stuck and I like it so I used it all the time.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Damn I love those books. I never saw the BBS TV show they had based on the books, but I did see the horrific movie. It blew chunks. I'm sorry if you liked it, but inside the theater, people threw things at the screen. It was brutal. I was disappointed in the movie.

I wanted to go and read the books again. They are so good! I don't know many people who even know anything about the series.
One of the main reasons I used the phrase "have just about every published variation" is because of THAT movie. I managed to first hear the radio play as was broadcast on NPR years ago. Later, I managed to watch & tape the BBC TV series that ran on PBS. I also bought the retail VHS version of the BBC production. Later I managed to get the entire radio play on CD from Amazon UK. I also have at least one extra copy of each of the "trilogy" including 2 bound hard copies; "The More than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide" and "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide" and a copy of the radio play as a transcript. The one thing we original fans noticed is that every single version/re-telling of the work was slightly different from all the others.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What does your nickname mean?

I always wanna ask each time I see you guys , figure a thread is the way to go, and thanks to maketso for the idea. What does your EIC username means? Mine is my name Benny plus the fact that I'm a light drinker ( bennyboys they call them )

Toilet316

Bronze
Sep 12, 2010
Pennslyvania
I don't have a nickname, but I kinda like this one I got on this forum a few weeks ago: "total douche."

Brings a tear to my eye.
A cleansing tear that leaves you feeling fresh?

I've used this nickname ever since yahoo and I grabbed it cause John316 was taken.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I don't have a nickname, but I kinda like this one I got on this forum a few weeks ago: "total douche."

Brings a tear to my eye.
What u mean u don't have a nickname, Is napoleon_phoneapart your real name? Lol

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Mine is pretty easy to figure out! :cool:

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
What u mean u don't have a nickname, Is napoleon_phoneapart your real name? Lol
Oh, I consider that my user name. Napoleon_PhoneApart comes from my days on a Motorola RAZR forum. I had another user name at the time. I kept taking my RAZR apart to mess around with it and replace parts, and all of a sudden the inspiration hit me and...

Napoleon_PhoneApart was born! The admin of the site allowed me to change my user name.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Oh, I consider that my user name. Napoleon_PhoneApart comes from my days on a Motorola RAZR forum. I had another user name at the time. I kept taking my RAZR apart to mess around with it and replace parts, and all of a sudden the inspiration hit me and...

Napoleon_PhoneApart was born! The admin of the site allowed me to change my user name.
Omg I saw the angels in that picture too, great story btw.
So how can I change the tittle of the thread now? Is everybody gonna make the same mistake or what? Hahaha

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
I've seen some pretty interesting user names here and I often wonder what they mean.

What does your screen name mean and why did you choose it?

I'll start. Europa is one of Jupiter's moons. I chose it because it reflects my interest in astronomy and because I think it's one of the most intriguing moons in our solar system. I first became interested in it when I saw the movie '2010' when I was a kid.

Go!
Astronomy nerd. :p...Reason why I pick this name is because I know how to handle my money and bank it!