What does your screen name mean?

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Glad I got a chance to see this thread - it's fun like the avatar one! My name maketso comes from the command "Make it so!" on Star trek and also Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin Napoleonic War British Navy novels. It was originally makeitso for Yahoo groups, but that is hard to see when it's all one word and people kept mispronouncing it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Glad I got a chance to see this thread - it's fun like the avatar one! My name maketso comes from the command "Make it so!" on Star trek and also Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin Napoleonic War British Navy novels. It was originally makeitso for Yahoo groups, but that is hard to see when it's all one word and people kept mispronouncing it.
I suspected the Picard origins...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah my bad bro, I searched under nickname and not username that's why couldn't find it

FMSxB

Aug 20, 2010
las vegas, nv
twitter.com
"FMS" is short for the clothing company Famous Stars and Straps which i am head of the promo team in Las Vegas. "B" is the first letter in my name and what everyone calls me. the "x" is just used to separate FMS and B.

shupik69

Silver
May 11, 2010
louisiana/Africa
Well, Shupik is a fish, (really spelled "Choupique", in Louisiana) and what my dad has called me since a wee lad! 69 just happens to be my favorite number for what ever reason!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Mine isn't that hard to figure out, is it? I started the dance group. What, what?!
I've always wanted to know what yours meant, after napoleon_phoneapart it's the second coolest. Perfect name for a dance group

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My name maketso comes from the command "Make it so!" on Star trek
Aaaaand henceforth your posts shall be given the dramatic reading treatment by Patrick Stewart in my head. Thanks for that. :eek:k:eek:k

Aug 31, 2010
I used to play a stupid Fishies game (terrible app BTW) and I'm Canadian, so CanadianNemo! I gravitated over to EIC after the forum shut down on the Fishies game and just kept my name. Nemo is my 2-year old niece's favourite too so it's a bit of a shout out to her :)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I was working part time with a wireless internet company and was working off a 3rd story roof attaching an antenna to a chimney. The person I was with is not a fan of heights at all and he gave me that name after watching me scramble across the roof, swing around the chimney and hung there waiting for antenna parts. I would have scratched my pits or something.... If I knew the name was going to stick.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Aaaaand henceforth your posts shall be given the dramatic reading treatment by Patrick Stewart in my head. Thanks for that. :eek:k:eek:k
Uh-oh, that should provide some gender-related cognitive dissonance!