Sep 18, 2007
Houston
it is a feature..

PHONE ICON>>VOICEMAIL TAB
*note that it will not work if you aren't with AT&T

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I think I remember that it was a feature of the iPhone?

The visual is that if you have 5 voicemails you can see them then pick which ones you want to listen to in any order that you choose.

Sorry, the emails are not video.

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
Video? I never thought they were video. I thought that it meant that you could see the text of the voice mail Sorry my bad

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
Video? I never thought they were video. I thought that it meant that you could see the text of the voice mail Sorry my bad
Haha, just checking. My friend is always like, "what does it do if I say cow, show a video of a cow?" I'm like WTF haha. Visual voicemail rocks though.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
The visual is that if you have 5 voicemails you can see them then pick which ones you want to listen to in any order that you choose.

It's actually a tiny bit more than that. The audio of the voicemail is downloaded to your phone, so you can hear it even when the phone is in airplane mode.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I would think you are better off without it just from a battery performance standpoint.

That voicemail has to be downloaded to your phone in order for Visual Voicemail to work.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I like this feature. It's nice to have the option to choose which message you want to hear first.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Visual Voicemail is one of those things you don't really appreciate till you have to use the "old way." Then you realize just how nice it is. I like being able to easily rewind to hear a name, number, etc.

--
Mike

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
LMAO! comeon man are you serious, wake up!
That actually isn't a bad assumption to make since there are companies that do provide voicemail to email services, and email IS visual.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
I am getting a ton of amusment from this thread. We should probably all start replying "Apple.com" and that's it, to these kind of questions.

Hehe.