What exactly is springboard?

1. Azazelnc

Azazelnc New Member

I've jail broken my phone and I understand Winterboard, but what is springboard? Is it like winter?

2. kenneth

kenneth Zealot
    Gold

springboard is just the screen where all of your apps are displayed. all iPhones have one.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Azazelnc

Azazelnc New Member

ok. So now how do I use the apps that I've downloaded for spring board. I keep downloading stuff but have no idea how to access them. Help?

5. kenneth

kenneth Zealot
    Gold

are you talking about themes for the springboard? if so go into winterboard and select the theme you want and then press the home button

6. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

It's the Finder/Explorer. :)

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Springboard is the launcher for all iPhone apps (well, at least ones that you can launch). When jailbreaking and theming came around, Summerboard was the first tool to manipulate how the Springboard looked. When 2.0 came around, Winterboard took over where Summerboard started. See the progression?

There will inevitably be an Autumnboard someday, mark my word.

8. drumthrasher109

drumthrasher109 New Member
    Bronze

SpringBoard is basically the name of the "desktop" of your iPhone or iPod Touch, just like "Explorer" is the name of the one for Windows-based machines, and just like how "Finder" is the name of the one for Mac OS X-based machines.

WinterBoard is just the name of the app that let's you change the way SpringBoard acts and looks.

To open app that you have downloaded (through the App Store or through Cydia/Installer), just find the app in SpringBoard and tap it and it should open (you should already know that...).