What excuses should I give Apple for exchanging?

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
I'm trying to exchange for new iPhone 4, besides antenna issue what else can I say, I don't want to walk away with them just restoring this phone. I am in need of a new 1

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
Same problem, just 1 bar at the house, phone random shut off but they restored it only last time. so I don't want to waste my time at the app store again

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is it the phone or is it your signal? If it's your signal, try disabling 3G when you are home. You may have more bars on Edge and a more consistent signal. The data speeds won't matter if you have WiFi at home. The only drawback is the Edge speaker interference. Regarding the phone shutting itself off, restore it to factory settings. If it continues to shut itself off, tell them you restored it and it continues to shut itself off/spontaneously reboot. Always restore to factory settings before going to an Apple Store for something like this. It may save you a trip.

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
mods! do something.. that was really mean...

just got back from Apple, they were so nice enough to exchange it... and 4.3.3! the defective 1 was 4.3.5

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
mods! do something.. that was really mean...

just got back from Apple, they were so nice enough to exchange it... and 4.3.3! the defective 1 was 4.3.5
Apple store would have been what I would have said. I saw this earlier and was waiting for other comments first. There was that issue with one of my phones as well and there are a few people out there with that problem. Now that said. Nobody has been mean! They tried to help with the little information you had given.
Is there a problem updating the iOS ?

CodeHead

Jul 13, 2011
If you are only having trouble at your house get a network extender, its is a little pricey upfront (~$100 or $250 depending on which model you go with). But it fixes it and there's no monthly cost after that. If you decide to get it from Verizon, mention that your service is crap at home. I got them to give it to me for half off ($125). Here's some more info: http://www.thebestiPhone.com/?p=94