What features do you want in the iPhone 6?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, so many of us have had our flashy new iPhone 5Ss for a few days now. (Condolences to those who haven't.) But anyhow, now that we've had adequate time to get acquainted with these and figure out what's missing, let's start requesting and speculating what Apply might finally give us in the iPhone 6, out next fall.

@chris, you may want to add a new section to the forums.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
As far as hardware goes, I'm expecting a new design along with the option for a bigger screen, a faster processor and improved camera optics. I don't think they'll do NFC.

becomingwater

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Florida
The new phone will have better camera better battery NFC 128 GB option better fingerprint scan. 4.5 inch screen. Same design as 5s. Maybe a few more color choices. Black might return. Hand gestures might be included

Sent using iCafe app

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
The new phone will have better camera better battery NFC 128 GB option better fingerprint scan. 4.5 inch screen. Same design as 5s. Maybe a few more color choices. Black might return. Hand gestures might be included

Sent using iCafe app
well i think it's safe to say 128gb will happen for sure. their are already 128gb micro sd-cards so it's only a matter of time before they are integraded into the phones

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
A larger screen, improved SoC, camera optics and more RAM.
Well, you got two of those in the 5s. I'm not sure what the fascination is with more RAM, though. I know some Androids have more RAM than the iPhone, but my belief is that they need it due to the inherent inefficiency of the architecture and poor hardware/software integration.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well, you got two of those in the 5s. I'm not sure what the fascination is with more RAM, though. I know some Androids have more RAM than the iPhone, but my belief is that they need it due to the inherent inefficiency of the architecture and poor hardware/software integration.
I agree with ZR on this one. Although we got a processor upgrade this year, it's not something they can stop upgrading each year. And it wouldn't make much sense to continue to upgrade the processor each year but leave the RAM where it is now. The camera optics can be improved even more next year as well.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
More RAM for the new 64-bit architecture, I guess. I think Android allows multitasking which more RAM is needed. I also think the more complex the apps get for iOS, the more RAM is going to be needed. Wouldn't more RAM allow faster photo and video editing?

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I agree with Chris with regards to the screen size. 4.8 would be great but I still want to be able to "one hand it". I think that if Apple ups their game with a larger screen they will sell a ton more phones than the 5s did on the first weekend.

Joseph B

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
* Larger Screen
* 128 GB (or larger) option
* Integrated IR blaster for controlling your TV, A/V Receiver, Blu-ray player, etc.
* Optional pico projector integrated into an apple-built case.