What happened to all the old v1 phones?

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
You could walk into an AT&T store or an Apple store and buy a v1 iPhone just a few months ago, then when they announced the new 3g phone, all the sudden you can't even get a refurbished iPhone. Does anybody have a clue what happened to them all? Is it possible that they will begin selling them again soon? I do not want a 3g phone b/c I don't need the speed or the gps and I don't want the higher monthly costs.
My problem is that my v1 8gb iPhone has 146mb of space left on it and I don't have any of my videos or movies installed, and I only have 3 new apps on it. I need a reasonably priced 16gb v1 iPhone that has not been jailbroken....any ideas?
I know I can find them on ebay, but people are asking stupid prices for them, I have a $50 Apple gift card I'm sitting on and would rather buy a new phone for $250 before I'd buy a used one for $400.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
best bet would be to post on here. i picked up a mint 4gb with 1 year Apple care plan for 200$. thats a deal. probbly get a 16gb for bout 300 - 350.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
cool, I searched around the forums and might be blind, but don't see a for sale or wanted section....is this section okay or should I move this post?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
cool, I searched around the forums and might be blind, but don't see a for sale or wanted section....is this section okay or should I move this post?
the had a marketplace section but it was abused somewhat so it was shut down. Your best bet to pick up a first gen iPhone would be to check ebay.

Good luck.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yeah the marketplace is shut down. i just posted in the iPhone 3g saying that i would pay someone 200$ for there old v1 so they can buy a new one and i had 3 people pm me. i didn't really care if i got banned or anything. i know i was abusing the rules but hey they need to reopen the marketplace then or something.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
yeah the marketplace is shut down. i just posted in the iPhone 3g saying that i would pay someone 200$ for there old v1 so they can buy a new one and i had 3 people pm me. i didn't really care if i got banned or anything. i know i was abusing the rules but hey they need to reopen the marketplace then or something.

Well good luck with that. Incoming!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Two notes:

1. The marketplace opened up today, but that's unrelated to this post.
  2. If you openly admit to breaking the forum rules, it's most likely face suspended privileges. In this case, a 1 day suspension.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to read our forum policy. If anything is unclear, I welcome you to send me a PM to see if posts are keeping within our guidelines. Thanks for your understanding.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Two notes:

1. The marketplace opened up today, but that's unrelated to this post.
  2. If you openly admit to breaking the forum rules, it's most likely face suspended privileges. In this case, a 2 day suspension.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to read our forum policy. If anything is unclear, I welcome you to send me a PM to see if posts are keeping within our guidelines. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks for the update on the marketplace. It will be a very busy forum for the next couple of weeks.