What happened to my ringtones?

tate

Bronze
Jun 6, 2009
Hello, I just did my first JB last night. So far it's awsome. Still trying to figure it out. I forgot to sync it before I did it so I lost acouple of apps and some pics but I guess lesson learned.

Anyways when I sync my phone now it won't sync my ringtones. Keeps showing up as an error. I'm using Audio. I think that's it. If not it's something like that. Sorry I'm on my iPhone and can't remember.

Any help would be great Thanks!

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
Did you have your ringtones on your phone before jailbreaking?

If so, open iTunes and check that they are still in your iTunes. Look in the left side and click on ringtones. Don't forget that ringtones must remain on your computer because once you delete them, or move them without updating them in iTunes it will delete them at your next sync from your phone.

tate

Bronze
Jun 6, 2009
Yep I had them on there. I've done everything that I know of. I downloaded more ringtones from that site think that's what it was and after I did that I tried to put them on there but the same thing happened. It put ! Next to the ones that I tried and said error in data couldn't download.

So my wife got the new 3Gs today and after I synced it and restored from backup it won't put the ringtones on her iPhone now either. I'm thinking maybe it's the 3.0 firmware or the website isn't comp with it anymore. I will have to try playing with it some more to figure it out I guess.