What happened to Yahoo's free push email?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
So does anyone know whatever happened to Yahoo's free push email service?

I can't find anything about it on Yahoo's website or anywhere else.

Did this just disappear?

Rumpelgeist

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.

Did this just disappear?

Rumpelgeist
As far as I can tell it's not listed anywhere on Yahoo's site, but it is working. If you set up your iPhone with a Yahoo e-mail address then you will get push e-mail service.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007

Did this just disappear?

Rumpelgeist
I believe it just automatically pushes to the iPhone, mine is up and running.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
It seems to be inconsistent with me.

This morning when I set up the Yahoo! account on my phone, it worked great. Not it's not pushing at all. And when I tried to do a manual receive, I was getting an error telling me that the phone couldn't connect to "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com".

Ah me!

How about .Mac mail? There were questions before the launch if this was going to be a push service as well. Anyone know if it is or is not?

Rumpelgeist

thechunter

Jul 2, 2007
I wish that the mail client allowed a custom address in the "reply to" field of emails. I have my primary email being forwarded to a new yahoo account for the push capabilities... but I want people to reply to my primary address and not the yahoo one.

For that matter, OSX's mail.app needs the same feature. Every other client out there (including the web clients of gmail and yahoo) have this.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I wish that the mail client allowed a custom address in the "reply to" field of emails. I have my primary email being forwarded to a new yahoo account for the push capabilities... but I want people to reply to my primary address and not the yahoo one.

For that matter, OSX's mail.app needs the same feature. Every other client out there (including the web clients of gmail and yahoo) have this.

Join the crowd - - I have an email into Yahoo to see if there is some setting I am missing on their preferences/options page. I'll let you know what I hear.