What happened when you plugged into USB port?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Did your computer say anything? I got an "a new device has been recongnized" message, but haven't gotten it since the first time I did this. I still can't get iTunes to read the phone and i'm wondering if it's the USB port now.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Damn. I really feel for you - sorry you're having so many problems! :(

Might be a dumb question, but do you have more than one USB port you can try? Any other computers you could try?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I read from another post that only winxp service pak2 and vista are supported, that may be your problem.
From Apple.com...

Windows system requirements
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate Edition; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- iTunes 7.3 or later

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
When I plug in in vista 64, it says searching for device driver software and searching windows update and it never finds the software.

KPSK

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
From Apple.com...

Windows system requirements
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate Edition; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- iTunes 7.3 or later
Well thats a bunch of B.S. So i have a phone that will not work now unless i go to someone's house and use windows xp. Come on

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
No offense, but older versions of the Mac OS don't even work with the iPhone. Why would such an old Windows OS work?

Did you neglect to read the requirements printed on the outside of the box before purchasing?

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
No offense, but older versions of the Mac OS don't even work with the iPhone. Why would such an old Windows OS work?

Did you neglect to read the requirements printed on the outside of the box before purchasing?
to be fair, if he bought from an att store, he was not permitted to inspect the box prior to it being bagged. On the other hand, requirements were known.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I am still struggling. But going to abandon it and get it to work on my xp laptop.

My vista set up has a perpetual issue with device drivers for some reason and I can't figure out why.

av8roc

Jun 29, 2007
Same problem here. Windows XP SP2 .... iTunes 7.3

the pc recognizes the iPhone is connected but iTunes does not.

so mad right now

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Same problem here. Windows XP SP2 .... iTunes 7.3

the pc recognizes the iPhone is connected but iTunes does not.

so mad right now
I am as well. My computer at home will not recognize the iPhone. I went to a family members house and activated it. Now my coputer is reading this as a digital camera. iTunes will not recognize it. i think it may have something to do with shitty USB ports. This is unreal.

jwolthuis

Jun 29, 2007
Uninstall & reinstall "Apple Mobile Device Driver". When you install iTunes, it actually installs three programs, this one, "Apple Software Update", and "iTunes". The first one is the one responsible for talking to iTunes.

Did your computer say anything? I got an "a new device has been recongnized" message, but haven't gotten it since the first time I did this. I still can't get iTunes to read the phone and i'm wondering if it's the USB port now.