What happened ?

H

Hayesimus

i believe we all were. It was like we were in the dark ages again! I'm assuming it had something to do with the recent modifications to the EIC layout.

H

Hayesimus

lol i know, right. I was momentarily all alone! If my friends knew how addicted I was to this forum, they'd seriously want to have an intervention.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Funny, cause my husband had just asked me bout ten minutes before it went offline.....
"Aren't you getting tired of reading that stuff on that thing you go to ALL the time?".....What the hell... then the site went offline........I blamed him for it. I kept asking him what did you do?...WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!.....:)

H

Hayesimus

haha! I just laughed so loud! That reminds me of this one time when i worked at a Dairy Queen. To turn the soda fountain off, you turn this little key. And i knew the manager was about to use it so i thought, hmmm it'd be funny if i turned the key and made him think it was broken. But i was like nah i'm too busy. Well then he went to use it, and it didn't work! It actually WAS broken! I mean what are the odds! Maybe for a split second I had like telekenesis or something haha. But yeah, tell your hubby "don't mess with the EIC!"

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
haha! I just laughed so loud! That reminds me of this one time when i worked at a Dairy Queen. To turn the soda fountain off, you turn this little key. And i knew the manager was about to use it so i thought, hmmm it'd be funny if i turned the key and made him think it was broken. But i was like nah i'm too busy. Well then he went to use it, and it didn't work! It actually WAS broken! I mean what are the odds! Maybe for a split second I had like telekenesis or something haha. But yeah, tell your hubby "don't mess with the EIC!"

Yeah, I woke him up this morning and said..Ha, it's back up......THAT better not happen again! His reaction was.....what the hell ARE you talking about?...scratching his head.:laugh2: :laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

haha I love how a few hours without the EIC causes a frenzy amongst its users. We act like we need our fix of crack or something. I bet chris did this on purpose. Keep us all in check. Let us know that if we don't obey him, he cuts us off! scary...

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
haha I love how a few hours without the EIC causes a frenzy amongst its users. We act like we need our fix of crack or something. I bet chris did this on purpose. Keep us all in check. Let us know that if we don't obey him, he cuts us off! scary...

so true...so true...C-H-R-I-S!:p:laugh2::eek: heehee!...

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I seriously nearly went insane when it went off.. I posted a quick reply, and then the site wouldn't load, and then I was trying to reload and it said Everything iCafe is down.. OH No! I couldn't stop myself from checking it every hour, on the hour.

H

Hayesimus

same here. as a matter of fact, i'm tryin to remember what i was doing when i noticed it. i'm fairly certain i was replying also. i wonder what it was and if it went through!?

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I seriously nearly went insane when it went off.. I posted a quick reply, and then the site wouldn't load, and then I was trying to reload and it said Everything iCafe is down.. OH No! I couldn't stop myself from checking it every hour, on the hour.
WHAT?...every hour?....I was checking it every couple of minutes!:laugh2:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Good thing I was sleeping when this happened.. I am on here when I have nothing at all to do.. Which has been a lot the past month... I think I need to go to EICA... you know AA for eic...

H

Hayesimus

Hi. My name is Hayesimus. (crowd says,"hi hayesimus.")
I've been a member of EIC since August and... I have a problem...(some yells from the back,"Let it out man!")
I log on everyday. Usually as many times as once every thirty minutes. If I'm at work I still am on EIC on my iPhone. I've been skipping meals to be on EIC, avoiding my family to be on EIC. And my wife just left me... *bursts into tears (crowd looks confused... someone whispers,"hayesimus looks at woman?")

haha haha for real last time iPhoneTony. I swear!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Hi. My name is Hayesimus. (crowd says,"hi hayesimus.")
I've been a member of EIC since August and... I have a problem...(some yells from the back,"Let it out man!")
I log on everyday. Usually as many times as once every thirty minutes. If I'm at work I still am on EIC on my iPhone. I've been skipping meals to be on EIC, avoiding my family to be on EIC. And my wife just left me... *bursts into tears (crowd looks confused... someone whispers,"hayesimus looks at woman?")

haha haha for real last time iPhoneTony. I swear!
hilarious

did I miss something?

H

Hayesimus

are you talking about my post? yeah there was a big todo about some speculation on me that started when some posted,"Hayesimus, you look at women?" is that what you were wondering about?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
i worked at a Dairy Queen.
So did I. My condolences.

I had just loaded an EIC search page to look up threads on jailbreaking (which I did last night.... ALONE) when the site went down on me.

And not in the good way.

H

Hayesimus

actually my DQ experience and yours were probably quite different. Mine was independently owned. And we used to have customers from far away come and brag on how much cleaner and nicer ours was. So i'm assuming that it was because of our owner that we had a higher standard or something. I worked in icecream primarily. I had a lot of fun. Of course when I realized one day that $13,000 at the end of a year full of overtime just wasn't gonna cut it, i moved on from fast food lol.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No, my DQ was great. I loved the food, personally, but I wouldn't say people came from far away for it. It was more about the last part of your post that I was referring to.

Plus, just the stigma of saying you work at Dairy Queen.