What happens if you don't pass the credit check?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 25, 2007
Hi,
What happens if you don't pass the credit check when you log into iTunes and attempt to activate the phone? Do you have any options to use the iPhone?
thx.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
nope phone is locked until activated. UNLESS you go prepaid and its not pay as you go you need to pick your plan.

Diviant

Jun 21, 2007
Well, you don't HAVE to go right to prepaid. You have to have fairly weak credit, or no credit at all, to not pass the check. If you do have poor credit, you can put down a deposit that they give back after paying your bills on time for a year. If that doesn't float your boat, you can go prepaid.

Jun 25, 2007
Well, you don't HAVE to go right to prepaid. You have to have fairly weak credit, or no credit at all, to not pass the check. If you do have poor credit, you can put down a deposit that they give back after paying your bills on time for a year. If that doesn't float your boat, you can go prepaid.
thanks everyone! I haven't seen the pay as you go plans yet for the iPhone. i'll go find the manual mentioned above.

iWantone

Jun 18, 2007
I found out if I had to pay a deposit or not (I don't and I have only fair credit. Not great by any means) by calling Cingular. I went to an ATT store and the guy said he couldn't tell me until after 6pm tomorrow. I bypassed him and called customer service. Go for it.