What happens when updates are announced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NewGuy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

So I'm over due for a macbook. I like the 13" macbook pro as it is very mobile, yet not too small for regular use and has more kick than an MBA . My question is this: What has happened in the past when Apple announces the new line and before the actual release? My concern is that they will discontinue the 13" as some rumored have stated. If that does happen then I will just snag a 13" as soon as they announce the new line. I would also preferably like to customize the laptop (change memory and storage). So, I would like to know if you were able to modify the devices post announcement in the past. Modify them like the site allows you to now. Thanks in advance from anyone who might remember anything!

2. Mendo88

Mendo88 New Member

I'm in the exact situation. Ive wanted one for ages however not sure how long to hold out for.

3. ripsqueak

ripsqueak New Member

Didn't someone say the 13 will more than likely be part of the new line up? So many rumors sometimes..

I say if you can't wait--go for it. Unless your needs are that different from the current to the next release. I have a 13inch and I love it. Perfect size for me to be honest for a laptop, anything larger would be too bulky for me.

If you go for it now, then decide later you want to get the new line up model then sell the other one. The + thing is that these hold up good resell value.