What He Said - Let's Go USA

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It was a bummer to see them lose this. They just couldn't deliver with the penalty kicks. Kudos to Japan for coming back. I just love the World Cup, both men and women.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I've only ever watched like 5 minutes of a women's soccer match. Having watched men play it all my life and having played it myself for a long time, I'm pretty biased.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm a long-time, huge football (or soccer if we must) fan, and I'll tell you what Tarek - yesterday's match was a much better one than the most recent mens final. This was end to end stuff, some superb attacking play by the USA, ebb and flow, and lots of drama. It was also played with huge skill, no lunging tackles or dramatic dives. Just a great match all the way around. I've recorded this one and the USA-Brazil match - and hope my daughter will find inspiration in them. That's not saying I want her to play soccer, I just think they serve as a fantastic answer for all the times she watches mens sports with me and asks 'Do ladies play that?'

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
That's just one biased man's opinion, as I said before. I have never really watched an entire match to judge, although I have seen a video on YouTube of some very agressive woman player who keeps beating the living heck out of other players and the referee never sends her off - it was funny to watch.

Anyway, I agree with the fact that the mens finals in the last World Cup was horrible, not to mention that ALL the matches in the last World Cup were bad. I hope the next one is going to be better because the last one was a huge disappointment to all soccer fans.