What I LOVE Most When I walk Into the Apple Store

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I often stroll into the Apple store because - hey, its a cool place, and I'm an Apple Junkie/fan boy. My favorite thing to do is walk over to the iPhone display and watch people fondling the iPhones. Recently a married couple, probably in their late 40's, were both fondling iPhones and each trying to justify the purchase. The Apple guy was standing there answering questions as best he could be he knows there are some things he cannot say.....thats when I whip out my iPhone and begin to really show them just how friggin cool this phone really is.....

And tell them to not worry about the purchase, the iPhone has a cool factor way beyond anything else. I explain in a couple of short stories how the iPhone applications, used together, really saved my bacon.

BAM! Two more iPhones sold.

I strut out having saved a small part of the world....one moment at a time.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I often stroll into the Apple store because - hey, its a cool place, and I'm an Apple Junkie/fan boy. My favorite thing to do is walk over to the iPhone display and watch people fondling the iPhones. Recently a married couple, probably in their late 40's, were both fondling iPhones and each trying to justify the purchase. The Apple guy was standing there answering questions as best he could be he knows there are some things he cannot say.....thats when I whip out my iPhone and begin to really show them just how friggin cool this phone really is.....

And tell them to not worry about the purchase, the iPhone has a cool factor way beyond anything else. I explain in a couple of short stories how the iPhone applications, used together, really saved my bacon.

BAM! Two more iPhones sold.

I strut out having saved a small part of the world....one moment at a time.
How does the salesperson resond to you? He / She should give you a cut of the sales.;)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm seriously thinking about applying at the Apple store for a weekend job.
i could literally answer any question about the iPhone(that a normal) someone might ask.

i could EASILY sell such an awesome product..

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah id also like to work at an Apple store there is one like 5 mins walking from my home but they are never hiriing and not sure what the pay is either. But i know that i know more than most of the employees do thats for sure

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
How does the salesperson resond to you? He / She should give you a cut of the sales.;)
The salesperson is always appreciative. The potential customers ask questions about AT&T service and rates which the Apple guy cannot discuss. This also allows me to show cool features you will not see without loading the iPhone with actual data, likes IM conversations and pics. The TV ads don't show how to do the "two finger zoom in", for instance.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
The salesperson is always appreciative. The potential customers ask questions about AT&T service and rates which the Apple guy cannot discuss. This also allows me to show cool features you will not see without loading the iPhone with actual data, likes IM conversations and pics. The TV ads don't show how to do the "two finger zoom in", for instance.
You should walk in with your Pirate costume and see how they react. ;)

Only one time did I ever ask a question in an Apple store... It was when I was thinking of buying an iPod for my wife. (she's a fitness instructor and is always putting together new playlists. I was going broke buying blank CD's) I asked if the iPod could have a playlist made on the fly (make an "On The Go" playlist). The salesman said no way. A week later I learned on the Web that you can.

I have since purchased 3 iPods for my family and an iPhone from Apple without my shadow darkening their floors. I buy their products from the online store. I found that if I don't know the answer, their sales people don't either. Its easier for me to find the answer on line.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I was in Cincinnati the other week and was in the Apple store.

I was looking at the iPhone cases and I saw this woman looking at a MacBook, obviously pondering the thought of buying one. I go ever and talk to her. Apparently she's been a long-time PC user and was interested in Macs. I started raving about how much better they are and all the great features they have. She bought it.

BTW - I was in the mall again the next day, in the Sharper Image store. The same woman comes up to me and thanks me for convincing her to buy it. She said she loves it.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
BTW - I was in the mall again the next day, in the Sharper Image store. The same woman comes up to me and thanks me for convincing her to buy it. She said she loves it.

- John
why do you go to the mall so much? o.o;

and why was she there too?! this is strange.. very strange..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You know, I wondered that myself.

I was there because I was meeting a friend there and driving him to his parent's house up in Dayton, and I got sidetracked and went into Sharper Image.

I, however, have no idea why the lady was there again, though. Maybe she was going back to pick up an iPhone?

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
You know, I wondered that myself.

I was there because I was meeting a friend there and driving him to his parent's house up in Dayton, and I got sidetracked and went into Sharper Image.

I, however, have no idea why the lady was there again, though. Maybe she was going back to pick up an iPhone?

- John
maybe she also went to Dayton that day...:sick:<~ i think that face is exactly correct

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
I've never been to an Apple store yet. (Don't shoot me :D) But if I get the opportunity to do so, I will. Maybe I'll apply to work at Apple store one day. I'm so good at convincing other people and stating facts that I should get a full time job in the retail businesss. Sadly, you don't make that much money, (as far as I know) so I'll probably just part time at an Apple store.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I think I've sold more products in Best Buy and Apple than most of the employees there. It does help that I can be honest about a product and tell them things the employees there might not be able to talk about or don't know about. Sometimes I think I should get a commission. I think people can smell a techie though. I swear I can walk in to Best Buy in workout clothes from the gym and people will still come up to me and ask if I work there and can answer their questions. I always have to chuckle and be like no I don't work here but I probably can answer your question.