What I want on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Njshoremom4gurlz, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I hate ONE thing only (hate is a strong word lol) BUT we can send pictures via message more than one we can send it everywhere except email! We can only email one photo at a time unless I make an album and send a link.
    I wonder if anyone knows if the iPhone 5 will have this changed,?
    Allready I'm hearing no YouTube! No google map(I use waze anyways but still like google maps)
    I understand that Apple vs google war or whatever but google has some things I like BUT I'm
    Not changing over to Android. I prefer my apps I bought,and integration from iCloud to all my Idevices.
    anyways just saying... What does everyone hope for on the new iPhone 5!
    I wouldn't mind the phone a LITTLE bit bigger because the retina display is beautiful and we can see our websites PerFECT so I hope they do not blow it up like a BIG phone! I can't see me wanting a tablet phone!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

User error? I can do most of those things without a jail broken phone!

3. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Here you go

Attached Files:

4. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

One of my hopes for “The New iPhone” is NOT just to be an elongated iPhone 4/4S. I have been holding onto my iPhone 4 for almost 2 years now so I really hope “The New iPhone” isn't just a iPhone 4SXL. I know you asked what everyone hopes to be on the new iPhone but honestly, I jailbreak my idevices so if “The New iPhone” dramatically, and I mean DRAMATICALLY improves on iOS6 to a point that I don't have to turn to jailbreaking anymore, that's what I hope for.

5. Xtreme LED

Xtreme LED New Member

The one simple thing that Apple always seems to miss is a simple LED notification light. I would prefer to just look and see if I missed something.

6. mobileAge

mobileAge New Member

Regarding "no YouTube" I would be very surprised if Google didn't make a free app available. Or you could run the video in Safari like you can do today.

7. mobileAge

mobileAge New Member

Actually you can email up to five photos at one time from the iPhone. Here are the steps:

1) Launch the Photos app
    2) Tap on your Camera Roll
    3) Tap the Share button in the upper right corner of the screen
    4) Tap up to five photos (you will see checkmarks on those selected)
    5) Tap the 'Share' button in the lower right and choose Email

Hope that helps.

8. Erika Moore

Erika Moore New Member

I hope the new iPhone battery lasts a lot longer!

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread pre-fix added.

10. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I think the battery on the 4s is good for the size of it.. With all the different tasks smartphones do I'm amazed we get as long as we do out of a single charge..

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

11. satyen4uall

satyen4uall Guest

I would love if it come with many more great apps .. free of cost

12. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

There's not going to be "no YouTube". Apple's agreement with Google to be allowed to make the YouTube app has simply expired. In other words, Apple had a deal with Google where they were allowed to make the YouTube app for so many years on the iPhone, but now that the agreement has expired Apple is not allowed to make the app anymore. Thus, Google will be making their own YouTube app for the iPhone now.

(Note that previously, if Google had tried to make their own YouTube app and submit it to the App Store, it would have potentially been rejected because it duplicates base functionality of the iPhone, thereforee there was no point in making one). Now that Google is actually allowed to make the YouTube app, expect it to only be better and be updated more frequently. I don't think Apple has updated the YouTube app except one or two times since the iPhone 1. Google typically updates its apps more frequently.

As for no Google Maps, that is correct. The real reason for this is that Google has for years refused to put "turn by turn" navigation on the iOS app, effectively crippling its functionality compared to the Android version of the app. I love Google Maps, I think it is the best navigation software currently, but I HATE that I do not have turn by turn navigation on iOS. This is the one feature I miss the most from Android. Apple just decided to take matters into their own hands and make their own mapping app with turn by turn.

13. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

For free turn by turn with voice I use the free mapquest app in the appstore.

14. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the tip. I have used that before. But to be honest, its pretty poor compared to Google Maps. Maybe mapquests maps are better in more urban areas - i don't know personally- but where i live (rural North Carolina), it literally gives wrong directions 50% of the time. It also isn't as smart a Google Maps. Using GMaps ill type Pittsboro it will find the logical choice of the Pittsboro within 15 miles of my house. Typing Pittsboro into Mapquest will pull up the illogical choice of a Pittsboro 1000 miles away. This isn't the only problem ive had, just an example. Google Maps databases are right for me 99.5% of the time, i just wish we had turn by turn on the app. I can only hope the Apple "iMaps" application will be as good as Google Maps.

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I really want the A6 chip to be in it, as new rumors seem to indicate!

16. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

Loving
    What I see so far'
    I can get FULL upgrade in December and I can still upgrade now and pay a little more. Whatever that means lol

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app