What I wish the iPhone were

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nacho

Apr 18, 2007
pittsburgh, pa
I really wanted the iPhone to be somewhere between the beautiful design that is, with the feature set of Nokia's new N95. I really like what the N95 can do in a pocket sized form factor, but I think Apple could pull off the design better. The N95 has expandable/removable memory, GPS, 3G, and a 5 megapixel camera, amoungst other features. I just wish Apple would have integrated a little more into the iPhone.

I understand that might have changed its form factor (almost would have to I bet,) but I think the tradeoff would have been worth it. I wonder what a N95 without all the buttons and sliders would be like (e.g. with Apple's UI and industrial design,) would be like.

Anyone else feel like it could have been that much more?

nacho

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
I really wanted the iPhone to be somewhere between the beautiful design that is, with the feature set of Nokia's new N95. I really like what the N95 can do in a pocket sized form factor, but I think Apple could pull off the design better. The N95 has expandable/removable memory, GPS, 3G, and a 5 megapixel camera, amoungst other features. I just wish Apple would have integrated a little more into the iPhone.

I understand that might have changed its form factor (almost would have to I bet,) but I think the tradeoff would have been worth it. I wonder what a N95 without all the buttons and sliders would be like (e.g. with Apple's UI and industrial design,) would be like.

Anyone else feel like it could have been that much more?

nacho
of course we do, however don't forget nokia's been pumping out phones for about 15 years now. this is Apple's first phone, and i think they have done a very nice job with it. i own an n80 now, and i can tell you, that feature wise the phone is great, but my phone crashes a lot, and not everything works the way you want it to. especially when browsing the web. it kinda bothered me that jobs said the iPhone will be the first phone to be able to browse the full web (html sites), when that is untrue. (nokia has been able to do that for a couple of years now). that being said the iPhone will probably be the first to do it without the phone crashing all the time which is a big plus. secondly, having all those features in the phone severely hurts the battery, so until they find a way to expand the battery life, i can do without some of them. give Apple a chance, as i said this is their first phone, and it already looks great. i'm sure once they get their feet wet, the phones in the future will be outstanding as well. don't forget that the 3g nokia's have only support the euro 2100 frequency, so again that is no use to us here in the states.