What I would like to see on texting next upgrade..

Baxt3r

Aug 23, 2007
I don't know if anybody has said this but these are something i would like to see in the next upgrade for texting maybe in 2.0 but yeah. On the bubbles you could click on one of the bubbles and an option would come up to delete forward, or resend and maybe some other stuff. Because it is a pain in the butt when you have to retype this really long message or keep looking back to see what somebody said to forward a message to somebody.

yeah so thats what I would like to see....

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
What about mass text?

And sometimes I don't have the date and time

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I would like to know the character count, so I know when the message will either be cut off or broken up into multiple segments (Depending on what carrier it's going to)

H

Hayesimus

weird, i actually know a brian curtis, but there's no way in hell he has an iPhone...

mlq5004

Feb 27, 2008
New York
Maybe it could look something like this:
I really like this idea. I would also like to be able to send and receive pictures in text messages. And if the new iPhone is video compatible then I would also like to be able to send and receive videos through text messages.

Baxt3r

Aug 23, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

matt4492

May 28, 2008
agree with those options
it would be much help and give more ease to texting

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
It always has and always will completely pissed me off that this simple function are not on the iPhone. Steve jobbs must have never received a joke and have know friends that is the only conclusion I can come to.

jmi2488

Nov 13, 2007
Nebraska
Yes!...

Maybe it could look something like this:

I agree with all.. It is practically useless if you don't look at the text right away, because you have know idea what time you got it. I don't even know when the timestamps do show up?!.. they seem to be pretty random.

Resend and Forward would also be a BIG plus!

Jake

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I agree with all.. It is practically useless if you don't look at the text right away, because you have know idea what time you got it. I don't even know when the timestamps do show up?!.. they seem to be pretty random.

Resend and Forward would also be a BIG plus!

Jake
FYI, if the last text was greater than 5 minutes it timestamps it. If it's within 5 minutes, it doesn't. So all non-stamped texts are within 5 minutes of the stamp before it.

H

Hayesimus

yeah, i do wish though that the timestamps would occur after a certain amount of messages too. There has been many a conversation where I was going back and forth with someone for... let's just say A WHILE. And I would have to scroll FOR friggin EVER to find out when the conversation started...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
yeah, i do wish though that the timestamps would occur after a certain amount of messages too. There has been many a conversation where I was going back and forth with someone for... let's just say A WHILE. And I would have to scroll FOR friggin EVER to find out when the conversation started...
You take too long to text sex0r...:p