What if I have to restore my jailbroken 1.1.1 phone after 1.1.2 comes out?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
If I would have to restore my phone, how do I keep it a 1.1.1 phone and not update to 1.1.2? I can't remember when I updated to 1.1.1 is there an option to download or not download the newer version?

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
there is no option in iTunes when restoring. if you restore, it automatically defaults itself to downloading the latest firmware.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
there is no option in iTunes when restoring. if you restore, it automatically defaults itself to downloading the latest firmware.
You can downgrade to whatever firmware you want, provided you have the file on your pc/mac and follow the instructions.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
you should have the file of the firmware you want to restore to in the computer and when you open iTunes press SHIFT + (the restore button) a browser would come out and choose the firmware file that you have on your computer

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
you should have the file of the firmware you want to restore to in the computer and when you open iTunes press SHIFT + (the restore button) a browser would come out and choose the firmware file that you have on your computer
Thanks, can you or anyone tell me where that file is located and what it's called so I can copy it somewhere just in case?

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks, can you or anyone tell me where that file is located and what it's called so I can copy it somewhere just in case?
i'm not sure where exactly where you can download it but search in the forums you should find it i once downloaded version 1.0.2 restore folder from a forum.but i don't remember which one just try to search and you will find it or maybe some one can tell you directly where to download it from.. good luck

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Hi, I am new to the iPhone and have yet to play around with any changes. I would also like to have a saved version of 1.1.1. Where did you find 1.1.1 to download? Unless there is another way to get 1.1.1 saved on the pc? Thanks for the help!

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
if you are on a pc they are located in

C:\Documents and Settings\****USER NAME HERE****\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
ok so i have been away for awhile and not sure where i read this but i was under the impression that if i restored my iPhone with the 1.0.2 firmware off Apples site it would set my phone back to stock meaning "locked" so i did this and noticed that 1.1.1 was jailbroke so i figured let's do this. Well i'm screwed now i used the iunlock method for windows for fun since i have been and still am a AT&T customer. Now that i realise that i should have done some research i have the 0049 imei number. Is there anyway to change this in 1.1.1? i have it jailbroke again and anysim 1.1 has done it's magic but i need to change the imei so it will read the stock sim that came with the iPhone