what if no 3G signal?

DRzFinest18

Bronze
Dec 9, 2007
New Jersey
My question is what if you don't have a 3g signL where your located would you still be able to go on the internet via EDGE or some otha way besides WiFi? Thanks in advance.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes you will pay the fee for 3g but be reduced to EDGE network, and yes wifi will work too...

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
you may find a signal as the network is being rolled out.. i just picked up 3g on my nokia this morning!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you don't have a 3G signal it will default to the EDGE signal. It will be MUCH slower though. :(

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
iPhone 3G still has EDGE capabilities, so WiFi, 3G, and EDGE will all be connection options.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
this is how people rank up post, i just said that..
No you said this:

yes you will pay the fee for 3g but be reduced to EDGE network, and yes wifi will work too...

Unfortunately the OP didn't ask about paying for anything. He asked what his phone would do when he didn't have a 3G signal. You can have a signal and not have 3G. He was not complaining about paying for 3G and not having 3G service. He was just asking what happens if he's in an area without 3G.:p

It looks like John read the OP the same as me.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
true, 8 am and my being bored got the best of me,

good day

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
No you said this:

Unfortunately the OP didn't ask about paying for anything. He asked what his phone would do when he didn't have a 3G signal. You can have a signal and not have 3G. He was not complaining about paying for 3G and not having 3G service. He was just asking what happens if he's in an area without 3G.:p

It looks like John read the OP the same as me.

Looks to me like they both answered the question of the OP that was basicly if he could use EDGE on the iPhone 3g. They both said that, yes he could use EDGE on the iPhone 3g still.

I don't see where they missed anything.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Looks to me like they both answered the question of the OP that was basicly if he could use EDGE on the iPhone 3g. They both said that, yes he could use EDGE on the iPhone 3g still.

I don't see where they missed anything.
Well the main thing is the OP got his question answered.;)