What if there is no new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MountandJew, Jul 31, 2012.

1. MountandJew

MountandJew New Member

Everyone (including me) has been clamoring for a new iPhone, and if what these new leaks have shown us is true, then we are surely due for a big surprise. I'd like to ask you, people of the Internet, what if the next iPhone is totally different from what we have seen in leaks or what we've been expecting from Apple's iPhone from seeing other non-fruity smartphones? Personally, I'd love to see a total re-imagining of everything, from the whole UI, to the how the phone looks.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The things I read that I believe could be true is, the headphone jack will be moved to the bottom of iPhone (which I will be upset about), the charge port to be smaller, bigger screen and maybe even a wallet feature! Also I heard that Steve Jobs (R.I.P.) was possibly apart of the newest iPhone being released, and possibly even the iPhones after this one! :)

My belief is, have confidence! Apple will release the features and updates to the newest iPhone when they are totally ready, if they haven't yet.

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I hope it is different. I'm not a huge fan of the supposed leaked design.

4. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

It's still not too late for a completely different model to be the one released. Apple still wants to keep things under wraps so it could just be all mum until the real iPhone is released, and puts the renders to rest for good.

5. The MEC Lounge

The MEC Lounge New Member

I don't know if any of you saw the youtube video where the new iPhone had a holographic screen and display. (Which would be pretty cool if it was real!)

6. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

I think the rendered pictures and the leaked pictures of the new iPhone were not in the plans of
    Steve P. Jobs. I believe he wanted to totally change every aspect for the new iPhone. But I could be wrong.

7. Indy

Indy Zealot
    Gold

If those pics actually are the new iPhone, I'm fine with it, looks ok to me.

Wouldn't it be funny though if during the event Tim Cook says ...

"today...the new iPhone!"

Cue slideshow showing all the 'leaks' we've been seeing...

(Tim Cook now laughs out loud)

..."What...you all thought THIS was it?"

..."Siri"

..."Yes Mr. Cook.."

..."Show the audience what they came for please"

BOOM. Minds blown all over again.

8. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Phil Schiller, most likely. Tim just wants to take the paycheck.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

No, don't change it yet, not a full re-design, that's something that will evolve with time, for now the iPhone it's easy distinguished because of its beautiful design, delicate features and it's shine. It's a look that just works and will work for some time, regardless if thinner, bigger or not.

10. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

i feel like a broken record on this subject but here goes:

i am not a fan of the 'leaked' versions of the black iPhone 5 however, the picture that chris has been using for the 'win and iPhone 5' contest is really sexy... unfortunately for me, i have an iPhone 4 and must upgrade because my mind is set on it :oops:

i hope 5 really does have a great new design but i feel like the mockups are just so similar.

/sigh

11. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Hey Mac, how ya been?

12. drtbro4033

drtbro4033 New Member

I'm not 100% satisfied with the design in the leaks, but I'd want to see it in my hands before I make a full judgment on it. However, I'd be pretty surprised if the new iPhone WAS different than what's been leaked. Since the leaks have been so consistent for the most part, I'd be a little surprised if everyone is getting the wrong info on that.
    Also, I would love to see a redesigned UI...but we're getting iOS 6, which IMO is barely an upgrade over the current OS, and is obviously not a re-imagined UI, so you're stuck with that.

13. DCronkhite

DCronkhite Member
    Bronze

To be completely honest, the leaked images and concepts have me very underwhelmed and seriously considering waiting to see what the Windows Phone 8 hardware is before I make a decision on the phone. For everything prior to my current 4 (I saw no need to get the 4s), I was VERY excited by what I saw. The design on the 5 so far just does nothing for me, and the changes feel like Apple made them more to drive new peripheral sales than to actually innovate with the phone at all.

14. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I've been PRAYING that the leaked spy pics were red herrings and that the final design would be longer AND wider. But it's now looking like we are indeed getting a stretched version of the current model. Internal improvements aside, from a strict aesthetic point of view I'm bummed. The public is embracing a design that's wider than the current iPhone. This one still has Steve Jobs' influence in the design though.

15. jford951

jford951 Member
    Bronze

I also hope these part leaks are fakes not a fan of the design was hoping for something more different than that

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

16. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I think they need to make it thicker, wider, with more rounded edges, a 5" curved screen, removable battery so that you can buy 3 more batteries to get it to last the entire day, and there needs to be a few more buttons on it. That would be different. wink2.gif

17. dt808

dt808 Member
    Bronze

I agree with you. I would love to see some bigger changes to the iOS and hardware, but look how well they've done these past years and not much has changed. Why fix what isn't broken? Processor, camera, slight body changes, os changes, but nothing major. It still feels like I'm using my 3GS but a bit more refined. Not saying its bad, I still love it as a phone. Personally, I would love to see a major overhaul. Can't wait for the release!

18. akocoglu03

akocoglu03 New Member

I hope we can get some sort of "flash" capabilities without a jailbreak.... Either on the new iPhone 5 or iOS6

19. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I don't mind a taller phone like the mark ups have been showing, I personally would have a problem w/a wider phone. Make it too wide and for me It won't be as easy to use w/one hand, my friend has some large screen Android (I can't think of the name but it looks like a small tablet). She's put her phone in my hand and it's so big I cant even hold/use it w/just one hand. This is a very thin line that Apple has probably thought about crossing and is most likely why it took so long for a larger screen. Apple is all about user friendly-ness and comfort, for this reason I don't think they will cross very far past the 4inch mark for their phones. They should make 2 lines of iPhone, one w/a huge screen for those that are craving size, and another w/a normal screen for those that desire something more pocket-size. I doubt they would do this as It will cost way more money.

20. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

i hope the new iPhone is better then the leaks because i think the new design is old and wasted..