What if you don't have your contacts on your computer?

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I don't have any of my contacts saved on my computer, except for e-mail addresses so when they say it will automatically transfer them over is that the only way to get your current contacts (save on your sim) on the iPhone? I ask since the new sim is supposedly completely redesigned and your old sim won't work in the iPhone. If this is true I sure hope they can at least transfer all my info from my old sim the my new iPhone sim with their cool little machine! I really don't want to add all my contacts manually.......

What's your take on this?

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I would say to transfer your contacts from your existing phone to your computer now and prepare everything.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
The iPhone won't work.

It will say:

"I see you have no contacts. That means you likely have no friends. Sorry, but I am too cool to be used by someone with no friends. I will not work for you. Take me back NOW!"

meyer1son

Jun 21, 2007
Thats what I just did. Now it's ready for my iPhone:laugh2:

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
I don't have any of my contacts saved on my computer, except for e-mail addresses so when they say it will automatically transfer them over is that the only way to get your current contacts (save on your sim) on the iPhone? I ask since the new sim is supposedly completely redesigned and your old sim won't work in the iPhone. If this is true I sure hope they can at least transfer all my info from my old sim the my new iPhone sim with their cool little machine! I really don't want to add all my contacts manually.......

What's your take on this?
now you have your homework for the next couple days.

if you don't have Apple's contacts software or ms outlook, create an address book using a yahoo email account and you'll be ready to go.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I have a mac, so transferring them from it to the iPhone should be easy enough, it's just transferring the hundreds of contacts on my current sim! Oh well I'm not getting mine on "iday" anyway, i'm waiting for some reviews. Keeping fingers crossed that they can transfer info from old to new sim!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have a mac, so transferring them from it to the iPhone should be easy enough, it's just transferring the hundreds of contacts on my current sim! Oh well I'm not getting mine on "iday" anyway, i'm waiting for some reviews. Keeping fingers crossed that they can transfer info from old to new sim!

I am upgrading from a blackberry so this is what I did:

I sync'ed (using pocket mac) my blackberry to my Mac Entourage client.

I then selected all the contacts and choose 'send as vcard' I sent this email to my gmail account that I can access with Mac Mail. I open the email and saved the attached vCards to a new folder.

I then opened Address Book and imported the vCards that I just saved. Now I am ready for the iPhone to sync with Address Book.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I think you can save them on the phone itself not just the sim.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
ya i guess i will just create a new yahoo account and use the contacts program on that.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
I'm actually going to the use the iPhone as an excuse to get organized. I don't have any of my contacts saved where they mention in the demo (just random places here and there on my comp), so I'll just start fresh and new by entering the info from scratch into the iPhone for my contacts...

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I spent a ton of time preparing. Got all contacts (email and phone numebrs) on my computer... I got album artwork, and I bought a whole series (the Universe!) and I downloaded a few shows and a movie. nice :]

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I spent a ton of time preparing. Got all contacts (email and phone numebrs) on my computer... I got album artwork, and I bought a whole series (the Universe!) and I downloaded a few shows and a movie. nice :]
I seriously need to work on my album art so cover flow does not have an missing covers.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Im gathering friends pictures off of myspace and Making a special playlist for the iPhone Only songs I really truly like are getting the artwork, unless iTunes can find it automatically.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I am upgrading from a blackberry so this is what I did:

I sync'ed (using pocket mac) my blackberry to my Mac Entourage client.

I then selected all the contacts and choose 'send as vcard' I sent this email to my gmail account that I can access with Mac Mail. I open the email and saved the attached vCards to a new folder.

I then opened Address Book and imported the vCards that I just saved. Now I am ready for the iPhone to sync with Address Book.
Wow thats a lot to do, but if they can't transfer info looks like i'll be copying you!