What income bracket are you in.. also your age?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I have been trolling this forum for a while now and just thought of this question.

The Apple iPhone is 600 dollars but after you add accessories, Applecare warranty, startup fees and possibly breaking our current contracts, this will leave us spending close to 1000.00 dollars on a phone.

June 29th is my birthday and i will be turning 31yrs old. I currently have Verizon and I am no where near the end of my 2yr contract.

I am someone who will be spending close to 1000.00 dollars on this new toy just because I want it.

My curiosity has me wondering how many of us can actually afford it or are some of you going to get in debt over a phone?

My current income per year is 85k so by all means i can afford, but even now i ponder if its a smart decision.

So what is your age and what income bracket are you in?

thanks guys

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
I have been trolling this forum for a while now and just thought of this question.

The Apple iPhone is 600 dollars but after you add accessories, Applecare warranty, startup fees and possibly breaking our current contracts, this will leave us spending close to 1000.00 dollars on a phone.

June 29th is my birthday and i will be turning 31yrs old. I currently have Verizon and I am no where near the end of my 2yr contract.

I am someone who will be spending close to 1000.00 dollars on this new toy just because I want it.

My curiosity has me wondering how many of us can actually afford it or are some of you going to get in debt over a phone?

My current income per year is 85k so by all means i can afford, but even now i ponder if its a smart decision.

thanks guys

im 21 and i make a little over $10 an hour and im buying one, while taking the $175 ETF with verizon too... im not putting it on a credit card either

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
This would probably better crafted as a poll rather that just a direct question to everyone. Helps keep people's personal financial information more private.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
I can more than afford it, I just don't see a reason to buy it. I'm younger than you and make significantly more, but I just don't see why I'd buy this at this stage.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
This would probably better crafted as a poll rather that just a direct question to everyone. Helps keep people's personal financial information more private.

i didn't think anyone would care posting their finance information, no one knows me or anyone else on the forums for that matter.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i didn't think anyone would care posting their finance information, no one knows me or anyone else on the forums for that matter.
im just a genuinely open kinda guy... still in college, living on my own with my parents help still, so i guess technically i make more than $10 an hour given how they are helping me, but whatev - ill be saving money planwise once i switch to AT&T because of my employer discount

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah, but it's a tight little community here. It would sort of color everyone's online relationships if financial information were made available.

I don't talk about my financial status in other social situations. This isn't so different.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Yeah, but it's a tight little community here. It would sort of color everyone's online relationships if financial information were made available.

I don't talk about my financial status in other social situations. This isn't so different.
List your age then if you don't want to share your yearly.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
You sir are obviously new to the Internet.

If you say so.. please tell me what could happen to me now that i listed i make 85k a year?

Is the boogy man going to get me? Or to the kid who said he makes 10 bucks an hour, so what.

U don't know my name, my address, my phone number or my social #.

Please advise me what to do? I am getting nervous now that i listed a yearly figure online.. OMG!

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
22yrs old, going to school at UCF, not even working right now. and im buying the phone on day one... just cause i ball like that (and no my parents don't give me ANY financial support)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
It really doesn't have anything to do with anyone stealing your information.

What is attractive to people about posting on a forum like this is that we are all equals. Suddenly when you start assigning age and income to people's user names then you establish a hierarchy. It helps keeps everyone's opinions equal when we maintain a certain level of anonymity.

Whether I am 10 or 90 year old, whether I'm on welfare or a self-made millionaire, my opinions are still my own and should be treated as such.

The information on age and income is great to know. But it's just a good idea in a forum to keep that separated from people's user names.

TheQSuxs

Jun 6, 2007

thanks guys

My birthday is also June 29th Happy Birthday bro! I will be turning 28 and I make 50k a year My contract is up August 3rd ,and am with Verizon aswell. I will miss their service, but not their lousy phones

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'm 21 make about $15 an hour. I'm selling my old computer and my PS3 to make sure I have enough cash to buy the phone.
I've sold (so far) my iPod (300$) and next I'm selling my turntable, on eBay. Current bid is 200$. :)
I may also sell my XBox 360, as I'm not really interested in playing it that much, anymore.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
im the poorest, I make 8 dollars an hour =( i'm 19 but I also do a lil side businesss so i make a few extra buck in the end. Im gettin the phone, its all a matter of saving up. Also to those who complaining about the Financial info and being equal, quit whining ,I bet you feel somewhat superior to me in this forum cause you have those stars by your name and more post count, and I would only be stupid to feel inferior by that. or anything else said on this forum for that matter