What info will I need to preorder online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sfakeith, Jun 14, 2010.

1. sfakeith

sfakeith New Member

I am unable to stay up late tonight because i have to be at work at 4am. Also, I have no internet access at work to do the preorder myself and I don't get off till Noon. For these reasons, I am going to have my brother stay up late (which he does anyways) to try to preorder for me. Is there any info I need to give him besides credit card #'s and shipping address? I am going to have him try Apple.com first and if that doesn't work, he will try att.com. Thanks.

2. LifesJunkie

LifesJunkie New Member
    Bronze

Just got off the phone with Apple. you will need your att account info. (including ssn) the data plan you are going to choose. (att dropped unlimited) that should be all. Apparently its pretty simple. I would have him call you though, because you will be picking your new account info plan when pre-ordering.

3. sfakeith

sfakeith New Member

I thought if we already had unlimited, we would be able to keep it. No?

4. LifesJunkie

LifesJunkie New Member
    Bronze

yes if you currently are using an iPhone with unlimited data. my bad im currently using a dumb phone.

5. iigreatoneii

iigreatoneii Member
    Bronze

So, it will have the option to keep your Unlimited Data plan then on Apple.com?

6. sfakeith

sfakeith New Member

Good question! I hope there's an option that will allow us to keep our AT&T account the way it is right now (assuming you already have an iPhone and don't want to change your account options).

7. Phxblue

Phxblue Member
    Bronze

Yes you can keep it just as is. No worries peeps.

8. rollinfromhell

Gold

Ugh we shouldn't have to worry about every aspect of this pre order.. This is very stressful on knowing what colors they are "limited on", "1 phone per account", "not guaranteed to walk out with your phone when you pre order". This is getting ridiculous.

9. LifesJunkie

LifesJunkie New Member
    Bronze

agreed and yes you can keep your existing account. thats why I suggest preordering through Apple and going to att to have it all set up, so if anythign goes wrong its on them.

10. Ryanz27

Ryanz27 Member
    Bronze

I have Verizon now and im switching to AT&T... how will this work for me when I pre order.. I want to keep the same number also. Id like to pre order it tomorrow morning if possible.

11. Kyfoe

Kyfoe New Member

Will someone pm me and tell me the details on 1 iPhone pre order per account please? I'm on a family plan and more than 1 of us are eligible. Thank you in advance.

12. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

I have a similar question and just started a thread to see also

13. truteki

truteki New Member
    Bronze

When I spoke to an AT&T representative on the phone, she told me that when I go into the store to pre order the phone, that I would have to pay the full price of the phone $700, then when I go on the 24th to pick up the phone I would get back $400, if I was signing up a new contract (I am new to AT&T so im signing a new 2 yr agreement). And also she told me that they would only take credit cards and would not take debit card, even if you could run the debit card as credit. When I told her the card thing sounded ridiculous, she told me that the Apple store would do the same thing (only take credit and decline debit, now she did mention that this was only for the preorder and that normally they do take debit). Now when I called the local Apple store up, the guy there told me that they would take debit, it wasn't a problem, and that if I was to sign a new contract, that when I preorder I would pay the subsidized price of the phone. Can anyone tell me which is correct and which isn't?

14. LifesJunkie

LifesJunkie New Member
    Bronze

Apple is usually better, go with them for the pre-oder. To the first Verizon question on At&T's website you can pick as a new customer or line. And for the one peraccount, that's Apple account or individual AT&T line account.

15. frasierts

frasierts New Member

My account is a Business account and I have always had issues with pre ordering, what information will I need and can I pre order?