What iPad Air 2 case are you buying?

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by Apple4me, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I'm going out of town next Friday morning for the weekend and hope to receive my new iPad Air 2 on Thursday. Assuming I do, I wanted a case to protect it right out of the box. It appears that most of the legit case manufactorers have an agreement with Apple to not even ship the new cases until Friday the 24th.

I did find this one on eBay that is supposed to be delivered by next Thursday: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Apple-iPad-Air-2-Smart-Shell-PU-Leather-Case-Cover-Auto-Wake-Sleep-iPad-6-/201197157987?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160.

For the long term, I found this one on Best Buy that I really like: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-anyangle-protective-case-for-apple-ipad-air-2-gray/9483225.p?id=1219418199413&skuId=9483225&cmp=RMX&ref=17&loc=10&CampaignID=635311&SubscriberID=239486146 . It is scheduled to ship on October 30th. I really like this case, but it isn't even on Logitech's website yet, so there is still some mystery about it.

What's everybody else doing for cases for their new iPad 2 Air?

2. nbpoppy

nbpoppy New Member

I'm very happy with the Air 2 but am struggling to find a suitable case for it. This is essential for me. I quite like the leather one that Apple do, even though it is a tad expensive, but the reviews have put me right off. There aren't actually many reviews but they are all negative. Has anyone got any suggestions?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I use an Apple leather smart case. It's expensive, but it's worth the money. The ports, buttons and mic openings all line up perfectly and it's not too bulky. A lot of the negative reviews are related to people thinking it's not worth the cost. I suggest getting one and returning it if you don't like it.

4. nbpoppy

nbpoppy New Member

Thanks, I did just that and I'm very happy with it.

5. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

6. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

I did also buy a Logitech case which sort of looks like the one posted above. Slightly different texture and color but the same idea. I found it to be to much added weight and as the plastic snap on part of the case holds on so very securely, very difficult to remove if needed. Beautiful rich looking case, but not really for me

Now just to clarify, I have never liked cases on my Apple products. I like them all nude. My view is why buy a really beautiful looking work of art, which I have always found iPhones, iPads, etc., to be, and then hide them in less attractive cases. Of course I don't want my product scratched either, but I'm not hiding it away from my own eyes.

What I do like is a simple classic looking leather sleeve that I can easily slip the iPad or iPhone out of to use, and then put back into for carrying around. I found this in the "Sena" cases.

http://www.senacases.com

I had one for my iPhone 5, now for my 6, and just received one for my iPad. I love them.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1423317400.690733.jpg

I do also have a belt clip case for the phone but the phone is still nude it there.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Before getting my iPad Air 2 I did a lot of research on cases for it. There are just some manufacturers I don't like and never have and other manufacturers who I had their cases in 2012 when I owned my last iPad, but they don't make appealing cases for my needs anymore, so that left my choices extremely limited.

Since I have finally acquired my iPad Air 2 and the iPad Air 2 Smart Case, I have determined that Apple has done it again! They made the absolute perfect case for my iPad Air 2. It fits perfectly. Does not add much bulk and it's extremely protective for my purposes. I don't walk around with my iPad outside and need to put it in a hard bulletproof case. I travel with it in my bag and don't need the extra protection. Everything lines up and the buttons are easy to use. My screen is protected by the cover and the viewing angles the case provides are more than good enough for me. Oh yeah, it looks classy too.

I love all the leather colors and knew with the purchase of my Space Gray iPad Air 2 128gb there was only enough $ for me to get one $79 Leather Smart Case. I purchased the Brown. It'll match with a lot of stuff until........needless to say, I'm getting the rest of the colors like I did with the Apple Cases for my iPhone 6+. My iPad Air 2 will be outfitted properly by Apple of course.

For my needs and requirements, Apple has made the absolute best iPad Air 2 case.

8. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

9. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

Oops, the picture didn't get pasted in:

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1431377285.223187.jpg

10. MotivatedMommy

MotivatedMommy New Member

I have an IPad Air 2 being sent to me as a gift from a customer whom wanted to show their gratitude for all the hard work I have done on managing their account. I am in logistics and saved them around 200K this past weekend after another carrier dropped the ball and shut down their plant. Anyways they know from our conversations I love my iPhone 5 and always wanted an iPad so they surprised me with the gift and gave me a heads up it was on its way this week to me.

What is the best cover to keep it covered? I looked up some that were on Amazon and was like a Smart Cover and had a magnetic front to put it to sleep when closing it. I think it was called incipio. I will be getting a screen protector but also want a cover. Any suggestions?

I am a newbie here and I "know" opinions vary but wanted to at least hear some suggestions on what folks use on their iPad Air 2 and if they like it.

Thank you in advance

And yes I am soooo excited and can't wait to be an iPad owner

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is no best case for everyone. It depends on what's most important to you. Some are bulky and protective and others are more minimalistic. Some are more costly, but are higher in quality and more durable. Some attach with a magnet where others have a clip. Many can be folded into a stand. Cost is a big factor. I have an Apple Smart Cover and and an Apple Smart case. I recommend either of them. I'm using the cover right now. It wouldn't protect as much in a drop, but it's lighter and less bulky. A lot of people say Apple's cases are overpriced, but they fit exceptionally well, they look great and are high quality, opening/closing them always results in the screen activating/locking (some of the third party cases are less reliable) and the port and microphone openings are aligned perfectly. I recommend looking through Amazon reviews before buying one.

12. MotivatedMommy

If I buy on Amazon how can I be sure it is an Apple true smart case???

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Price and reputable sellers.

14. MotivatedMommy

Thanks. I needed going to best buy and had them install the glass cover on the front. I believe it is tempered glass. I knew I would probably screw if up lol. And I also got the red smart case while I was there. So last night I couldn't sleep and I set up all my folders. Downloaded all my apps and then played some etc. I must say I love my new iPad Air 2

15. MotivatedMommy

Thanks. I ended up going to best buy and had them install the glass invisible shield For me. I believe it is tempered glass. I knew I would probably screw if up lol. I have to say I really love the feel of the shield as it doesn't feel like I have anything on it. I always put a shield on my iPhone's and my one gripe was always the feel of the shield. But this one is nice. And truly feels I have no protection on it. And I also got the apple red smart case while I was there. So last night I couldn't sleep and I set up all my folders. Downloaded all my apps and then played some etc. I must say I love my new iPad Air 2

And so far I am liking the smart case too. Yes pricey but worth it for a nice long lasting beauty of technology

16. jkingrph

jkingrph New Member

I just ordered a Kavja London
    plus a smaller one for my mini.

I wanted leather for the feel, and had tried Saddleback leather on an earlier iPad and found it too stiff with no on off magnets.

17. carolineBonnita

carolineBonnita New Member

Once you want to find more beautiful ipad air 2 case, recommend you digitopz.com
    I have gotten one for my friend as gift, it is really great