What iPhone 6 Plus wallet cases have you tried?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Hinezy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Has anyone tried any of the wallet cases? I've been thinking about picking one up as I like the idea of eliminating the need to carry two items. My major concern is that it has to be quick and easy to put the phone in and out of. I'd like to be able to take the phone out and put the wallet away while using it.

Sent from my iPhone 5

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I had a wallet case for my 5 that I was using for a couple of months. It was nice not carrying around a wallet, but it did have it's drawbacks. The main issue I had was when I would show photos to a group of people I always felt strange having my DL and debit card floating around with my phone. I wasn't out handing my phone to strangers, but I still felt paranoid about it.

3. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Yeah 2x on that one the main reason I don't suggest it would be having lost or someone stealing your phone or wallet would be terrible let alone them getting away with both!!

4. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Well, I plan on removing the phone from the case for most uses so I'm not too worried about passing around my cards and cash. I also have no fears of loosing it as I've never lost a phone or wallet.
    My major concerns are (1) will I be able to fit my cash and cards in it and (2) will the phone be easy to put in and take out of the case?

Sent from my iPhone 5

5. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

The case I used was pretty tight and stiff. It did eventually loosen up a bit.

7. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

8. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I liked that one too, I was slightly concerned about the latch and the way it sticks out. Let me know how it is when you receive it.

Sent from my iPhone 5

9. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

Sure thing!

10. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

Ha! I just checked the tracking. It's still in CA. I'm in NY. I'm guessing it won't be here until next week sometime.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

12. colttodd18

colttodd18 New Member

I ordered this case two weeks ago. They said they would start shipping it a week ago but mine is still in CA.

13. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

It looks great in both colors. I'd hate to choose only one. Stylish!!!

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Both colors look awesome, I stuck with the classic look of the black

15. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I received the case on Monday. I really like it. As a woman who doesn't carry a purse, I like that the case doesn't add much bulk. I can throw it in my coat pocket or in my gym bag and not worry that the screen is exposed to pocket change or my gym shoes or anything like that. It seems very sturdy and well made. I like the red stitching--it adds a little to the overall look without coming off as "flashy." When you fold the front cover over there's a small "lip" that I find myself using to grip the case and it helps to feel like the case is securely in my hand. I don't ever feel like I'm going to drop it. I like this style case because it's less masculine looking than some of the more rugged looking cases like the otter box, and also adds less bulk. I do like the looks of the clasp better on the case you ordered, but this one does fold over and magnetically attaches to the back of the case when open, so it's not really in the way. I should also add that I had a similar case on my iPhone 5 and it offered a lot in terms of protection. I dropped that phone way more than I should ever admit (weekly), and it always came out smelling like roses. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412783780.943958.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412783801.596653.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412783812.378154.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412783826.796878.jpg

#16 Keukawater, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The lighting makes it look like the back of your phone is white. It threw me off for a minute.

17. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

Yes, it does. Fluorescent lighting. I took some pictures outside but it made the case look real shiny, which it's not, so I used the indoor pictures instead.

18. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Overall I like that case a lot, the black and red look great together! My biggest gripe is that the clasp makes me think it looks female like, almost like a pocket book. Does the phone snap in and out of the case easy enough to use the phone without the case and repocket the wallet regularly?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 5

19. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

The phone snaps into the case fairly snugly. When I take it out I pop out the top right corner first and then the bottom right corner. The first few times I took it out of the case I struggled with it and it definitely wasn't easy. Now I have a bit of a system, and it only takes a few
    seconds, so it's certainly possible, but it's probably not something that would be convenient more than a few
    times a day.