What iPhone application should i not download and sync to my iPhone

Feb 29, 2008
hi guys, im getting a iPhone pretty soon and i wanted you guys to tell me which application i do not download on my iPhone.. please help ! :)

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
Hi, and welcome to EIC!

Just for your notice, most iPhone's are jailbreaked and runs a application named "installer.app" to install third-party applications.

One of the required application you should install is Summerboard.

S

Starry

hi guys, im getting a iPhone pretty soon and i wanted you guys to tell me which application i do not download on my iPhone.. please help ! :)
The ones NOT to download cause they are useless or might cause problems? That's up to your preference.. there are some pretty lame things out there.. but they might be dumb to me, but great for you... just search out and read what they all are and what they offer...

Just an FYI :)

THIS Post got me a ZEALOT... WTF is a ZEALOT?
LOL

I'm gonna be a GENIUS one day :)

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Your question sounds like you want to know what you SHOULDN'T put on your phone. Is this the case? Are you worried about messing up your phone by installing something on it?

Or are you looking for recommendations of what TO install on your phone?

Feb 29, 2008
Your question sounds like you want to know what you SHOULDN'T put on your phone. Is this the case? Are you worried about messing up your phone by installing something on it?

Or are you looking for recommendations of what TO install on your phone?
yes im getting a iPhone and i don't want to download something that is lame or stupid i want to download important applications

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
well if u get your phone before sdk then u will have to jailbreak to get a lot of the apps u see people talking about here, but if u get it after sdk, then its up to you

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
yes im getting a iPhone and i don't want to download something that is lame or stupid i want to download important applications
Okay... why don't you just read some about what applications are out there? Jailbreak your phone if you want to (if you don't, you'll need to wait until the SDK release to add apps), then try things out to find what you like. No one can tell you what is or isn't "lame" or "stupid."

It would be a less confusing question if you just asked "what are the best apps for my new iPhone?" or something. You had a lot of us scratchin' our heads ;)

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Once you get your iPhone do NOT install these:
BSD, SSH, Summberboard, Customize, iAno, Pocket Guitar, Drummer, iPhysics, TapTap Revolutions, Camera Pro, iZoo, Ipac3D, Yeti3D, or even iSolitaire.
All of these apps can turn you into a raving iPhone junkie that spends all day playing with your phone instead of doing productive things like cleaning your house or even going to work. Stay away from anything that is remotely fun and only install boring programs like pong or iLevel (if you don't know what iLevel is, look it up, it's a hoot).