what is a "dock"

Feb 17, 2008
Ok I feel really dumb but what exactly is the dock connector? What does it do? I read that it charges the phone when its on the computer but I never have my phone on it and it still charges...Im so confused :oops:

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
theres never a silly question! the dock as I understand it is simply when you stand your iPhone when connected to your computer. the little white box that stands your iPhone/ipd up. thats it......i think. I don't think you need to dock your iPhone, i never do, its just handy for it to stand up

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
theres never a silly question! the dock as I understand it is simply when you stand your iPhone when connected to your computer. the little white box that stands your iPhone/ipd up. thats it......i think. I don't think you need to dock your iPhone, i never do, its just handy for it to stand up
That sums it up pretty well.:)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That, as well as a few other things. It can be plugged into the wall as well as the computer. You can aslo receive a better sound and volume when listening to music while the phone is in the Dock, and when it's in, you can insert an audio cord into the audio out jack on the back to record the audio on your iPhone via GarageBand or similar apps.

- John

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
That, as well as a few other things. It can be plugged into the wall as well as the computer. You can aslo receive a better sound and volume when listening to music while the phone is in the Dock, and when it's in, you can insert an audio cord into the audio out jack on the back to record the audio on your iPhone via GarageBand or similar apps.

- John
Cool didn't know that. Also don't know what I'd do it for but you never know. Thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Cool didn't know that. Also don't know what I'd do it for but you never know. Thanks
I've used it for recording things I've played on Pianist, Drummer, and Guitarist.

- John

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I've used it for recording things I've played on Pianist, Drummer, and Guitarist.

- John
i just use a double male connector for drummer and the sorts. don't really like the dock too much, stands the phone too vertical so cant really see whos calling unless i dip my head down.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
i just use a double male connector for drummer and the sorts. don't really like the dock too much, stands the phone too vertical so cant really see whos calling unless i dip my head down.
Yeah. I usually only use it for recording and charging by my bed. When I sync it, I just plug it into the USB plugged into the Mac.

- John