What is AT&T Next pending charge for $74?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Mrmargatini, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

So I got it completed. Waited at the bar with my lap top totally fun with drinking. Anyway the email says ship date 10/2 that's more than 14 days as the order says. I wonder once those orders are processed tonight maybe they might ship on time on the 19th. Also I have the Next program which says I had zero to pay but today I see a pending charge for $74 what is that about? I ordered the Gold 128 Plus

2. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Are you from California? That might be the taxes they are billing you for. That is about the amount of tax I paid for my iPhone.

3. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

Yes I'm in CA and if that is the taxes? Then that's fine but I thought the last time all that was rolled into the 20 month plan. And the email said charged right now zero

4. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

See Item #2:

How AT&T Next works
    1. Choose one of our latest smartphones and select AT&T Next 12 or 18 as your smartphone installment agreement term.1 During check out, we'll display the low installment charge that will be added to your bill each month. Installment charges are determined by the full retail price of the smartphone divided by 20 monthly payments (AT&T Next 12) or 24 monthly payments (AT&T Next 18).
    2. At the time of purchase, you pay sales tax on the full retail price of the smartphone. The first monthly smartphone installment charge will be added to your next bill.
    3. Once you've paid the balance of 12 (AT&T Next 12) or 18 (AT&T Next 18) installment payments, you can trade-in your eligible smartphone and upgrade to a new AT&T Next smartphone! You can pay this balance anytime after you've been billed for and paid your first two monthly installments. You can also pay off your full installment balance at any time. See trade-in details below for more information.

5. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

Ok then I'm ok if that's the sales tax and all. They just were not clear at all on what it was. This process has not been smooth. I still have my 5s and it's been about 12 months they haven't said at all if I need to turn the 5s in when I get the plus or anything. I assume either they will send me a box or I will have to go into the store. Either way it's not clear. Right now I just hope they fix the shipping times and I get my phone on the 19th

6. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure how that all works with those plans. I never used them. Maybe someone on here with more experience can chime in. Maybe call them or talk to a representative at your AT&T store.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If you got your 5s on contract, you don't turn it in. When you activate your Next plan, your 5s contract will be wiped clean. The 5s is yours.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Since you bought this 5s through Next, you will have to either return it or pay entire amount remaining on the balance. This would be around $300 if it's a 32 GB 5s.