What is being developed for iPhone 2.0?

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
You would think that everybody would be telling us what is being developed when apps can be downloaded from iTunes, but I haven't heard anything yet. Does anybody know what the companies out there are working on for the June release?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Well if you watch the videos on the internet of the march 6th event, in steve's introduction of the SDK he eventually lists some of the applications that we will see. I remember AIM, a certain game (name escapes me) and to be honest i forget what else there was.

As for now? I guess while there are things being developed, we won't know till they are in beta form or released...we can guess though. Copy paste? MMS? ToDoList?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If I were a developer I would not announce what I was working on for fear that other developers/companies may see the information and think it was a good idea and try to beat me to it. I would wait until I had a functioning beta version then copyright the concept and programming and then release the information on what I created. Just my opinion.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
If I were a developer I would not announce what I was working on for fear that other developers/companies may see the information and think it was a good idea and try to beat me to it. I would wait until I had a functioning beta version then copyright the concept and programming and then release the information on what I created. Just my opinion.
I have to tend to agree with you. I suspect there are a ton of programs in development right now (myself working on a few) but most people are remaining tight lipped. I'm remaining tight lipped mostly because I think i have a great idea and want to be first to market with it.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
AIM-AOL
SPORE- Electronic Arts
SUPERMONKEY BALL-SEGA
Some medicine program
Some marketing program

Thats all I remember right now but Super Monkey Ball and Spore looked GREAT for a game on a cellphone. They said they underestimated the iPhones ablility and had to UP the graphics. These games are FULL system games not dummed down versions.

I would expect to see iPhone capture a LARGE number of the mobile game market.