what is best DVD to iPad converter

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Hi all. There's so many of these out there. I don't know which one to get and I was wondering what the consensus is on this forum. I'm not necessarily looking for free, I just want one that does the job. Thanks.

sheffandy

Nov 29, 2010
I use HandBrake on my MacBook. It's easy to use and is freeware

X

xiaoa10

Thanks, I'm using Win7. I wonder if there's a Handbrake for Windows.
Hi, sbynyc, Handrake can works on Windows OS. though Handbrake is very popular, You need to set specific parameters by yourself, However, if you try Aneesoft DVD to iPad converter, you just choose one of the iPad format, and you can export the video, works easier. Of course, you also can try both of them. Finally, the former is Free,the other is paid.

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
I also use Handbrake. A bit slow on my 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo when using the x264 codec, but the result is amazing. I usually add everything to my queue and convert everything overnight. Great app. It has recently received an update, and I swear it's slightly faster at converting.

I also use it to convert 1080p/720p BRRips over to a 720p MPEG-4, which plays fine on my computer, iPhone 4, and iPad.

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
Well, I suppose your main purpose is wanna put the DVD movies onto your iPad, of course, handbrake is great, it does well jobs, you can try it. And this wikihow "How to Watch Dvd Movies on Ipad Easily" you should have a read.

HTH :)

MissCindy

Jan 19, 2011
I am not sure if it's the best converter available but I use Videora iPod converter.