What is black friday?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Ahhhhhhh, ok. I live in the US but I am French and was not familiar with the Black Friday thing. Well, now I think about it, it does ring a bell... I hate shopping during sales. Stores are packed with people running everywhere to get a $10 discount on a t-shirt.... screw that.
Except on Black Friday you will get much better deals than $10 off a t-shirt. You just have to be willing to wait, wait, wait, then wait some more. And that is hard up here when the temps are below freezing and you are in line overnight.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^Hahaha, I think that might answer the question. I really don't see the point of Black Friday either because the deals really aren't that great unless you're buying high-priced electronics. Other than that it really is like saving $10 on a pair of jeans or something similar. Though, I have to say that I will be out in the masses because it's a nice day to get you into the crazy shopping season and makes me even more excited about Christmas.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Last year I spent around $700 on electronics on BF. I got a ton of stuff that is still unbeatable, price wise, a year later.

Gonna be at Staples again this year.

--
Mike

Ugh. I am staying in bed, hiding under the covers on Black Friday. I am too broke to buy gifts anyway.

Trust me, I can appreciate that Best Buy is selling a desktop computer for $399.99 and a laptop for $499.99 but I don't want to be in those lines.

I think last year I stood in a Target line for fun just to get an iPod clock/radio for $20.00 when normally it was $100.00.

Eh, I think I am going to steer clear this year.

Resident Plarp

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
www2.oakland.edu
Already done shopping for the year. The important people have been taken care of. At home, the little lady and I couldn't wait so she got a laptop computer and I got an iPhone. Of course, she's gonna get something put under the tree anyway.

I absolutely despise standing in line and I'm a patient person - must be all that time spent in airports ...

Seb, have you ever heard of Oprah?

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Ugh. I am staying in bed, hiding under the covers on Black Friday. I am too broke to buy gifts anyway.

Trust me, I can appreciate that Best Buy is selling a desktop computer for $399.99 and a laptop for $499.99 but I don't want to be in those lines.

I think last year I stood in a Target line for fun just to get an iPod clock/radio for $20.00 when normally it was $100.00.

Eh, I think I am going to steer clear this year.
I don't blame you. Black Friday is a dangerous day, the police have to maintain order at our Best Buy. Even the sweet little Grandmas are evil on Black Friday! :eek:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ommmgggg. Fried turkey is the MOST delicious food of any kind. The skin!? Oh man, now I'm going to force my parents to fry a turkey. Maybe I can get them to cover it in bacon first. Mmm. Long live the non-vegetarians.