What is much better iPhone or Nokia N95

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sydd2d2900

Oct 8, 2007
i want to know to those who already have a iPhone
which is better iPhone or Nokia N95 because im planning
to dispose my N95 for iPhone is it a good choice or what
pls. i need your help
because honestly i already have ipod 80GB classic and it really rocks
i want to try to have iPhone but i don't know how it workss
so please tell me on your honest opinion so that i will not make a wrong decision

hope to hear from you folks!

tnx

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You need to determine the main things you want out of a phone/smartphone/multimedia phone first. The iPhone does internet VERY well. The iPhone does music VERY well. The iPhone does, well, a phone VERY well.

The iPhone does email, SMS, calendar average at best.

The iPhone (without being modded) does 3P apps NOT AT ALL (right now).

Email and IM is important to me so I have gone back to the Blackberry (8820) for now but am keeping my iPhone around for a bit in case Steve-O decides to let the people who think they own their iPhone actually use it they way they want to.

I will say that after a few days with the iPhone keyboard you will typing like a maniac. I have used tons of BBs and after few days I was hauling a$$ on the iPhone.. It was annoying that the typing would lag if you were in Safari and the connection speed was holding you up.

sydd2d2900

Oct 8, 2007
How about the signal and everything about iPhone really im having a hard times giving up my n95 although im not using it more often because i really wait for a very long time to have that n95 and also iPhone has a very high price rather than n95 thats why i cannot have them both although i want too
thats why i want to know the real score of the review from other users

Dawgfan thanks somehow i was enlighten......

better yet i will take your advise....

hope to hear some remarks and feedbacks from other user

tnx

You need to determine the main things you want out of a phone/smartphone/multimedia phone first. The iPhone does internet VERY well. The iPhone does music VERY well. The iPhone does, well, a phone VERY well.

The iPhone does email, SMS, calendar average at best.

The iPhone (without being modded) does 3P apps NOT AT ALL (right now).

Email and IM is important to me so I have gone back to the Blackberry (8820) for now but am keeping my iPhone around for a bit in case Steve-O decides to let the people who think they own their iPhone actually use it they way they want to.

I will say that after a few days with the iPhone keyboard you will typing like a maniac. I have used tons of BBs and after few days I was hauling a$$ on the iPhone.. It was annoying that the typing would lag if you were in Safari and the connection speed was holding you up.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
i want to know to those who already have a iPhone
which is better iPhone or Nokia N95 because im planning
to dispose my N95 for iPhone is it a good choice or what
pls. i need your help
because honestly i already have ipod 80GB classic and it really rocks
i want to try to have iPhone but i don't know how it workss
so please tell me on your honest opinion so that i will not make a wrong decision

hope to hear from you folks!

tnx
n95 have got all features like 3G , HSPDA, sms forward,bulk sms,mms,picture message,sms delivery report,call recent delete which is you cannot find at iPhone. but still i would prefer iPhone if i have to choose between n95 or iPhone. :laugh2:

why? that because iPhone is more beautiful than n95:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

sydd2d2900

Oct 8, 2007
ic

tnx entong:laugh2:

n95 have got all features like 3G , HSPDA, sms forward,bulk sms,mms,picture message,sms delivery report,call recent delete which is you cannot find at iPhone. but still i would prefer iPhone if i have to choose between n95 or iPhone. :laugh2:

why? that because iPhone is more beautiful than n95:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This may be a stupid question but I really don't know. I have looked at the demos and still don't see a keyboard, virtual or real, on the N95.

Is that really the case? There has to be a method of input right?

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
The N95 can use a bluetooth keyboard but you're better off with T9 predictive texting.

T9, once you get used to it, is incredibly quick and adapts itself to the user. I find it as quick as using a cut down keyboard and very accurate.

As for which phone is better... well, they're different animals. The iPhone is the fashion model, the N95 the nuclear physicist. :p

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This may be a stupid question but I really don't know. I have looked at the demos and still don't see a keyboard, virtual or real, on the N95.

Is that really the case? There has to be a method of input right?
Nope, no keyboard on the N95. I was actually shocked to find this as I don't like relying on T9, and just assumed the lauded N95 had a real keyboard.

When I compared both side-by-side I realized that for me the N95 just ain't it. While I wouldn't call it big, it is kinda square and chunky-like.

But the two things that made it a deal-killer for me were the lack of a keyboard and the smaller, with half the pixels, screen. My next phone will need to have a screen at least as good as the iPhone's, with a comparable Web-browsing experience.

--
Mike

Oct 8, 2007
tnx guys for your reply and seems that i will change my n95 to iPhone

Nope, no keyboard on the N95. I was actually shocked to find this as I don't like relying on T9, and just assumed the lauded N95 had a real keyboard.

When I compared both side-by-side I realized that for me the N95 just ain't it. While I wouldn't call it big, it is kinda square and chunky-like.

But the two things that made it a deal-killer for me were the lack of a keyboard and the smaller, with half the pixels, screen. My next phone will need to have a screen at least as good as the iPhone's, with a comparable Web-browsing experience.

--
Mike

Jun 29, 2007
Don't do it!

tnx guys for your reply and seems that i will change my n95 to iPhone
While i like the sleekness and user friendly the iPhone has, Nokia N95 IMO is still a better phone. Sure it's bulky and not have a keyboard, but it has very useable features that you will not find with the iPhone. At first glance the iPhone is eye candy (looks/ease of use) to anyone looking for one but it does gets old, for anyone looking for Apps/features N95 will get the attention.

I have both, although i love Apple products, i am sorry to say that my N95 is more useful than the iPhone.

FYI, N95 8gb is coming.

Oct 8, 2007
I know n95 8gb is coming tnx
now im really having a hard times i think i should try to save my money to buy iPhone then in that way i will not give up my n95 :laugh2:

really guys this is a hard thought for me.....

and iPhone is expensive as Nokia N95 thats why i think i should save first in order for me to have iPhone :laugh2:

tnx for all the reply guys

hope to hear some advise from all of you again

tnx

While i like the sleekness and user friendly the iPhone has, Nokia N95 IMO is still a better phone. Sure it's bulky and not have a keyboard, but it has very useable features that you will not find with the iPhone. At first glance the iPhone is eye candy (looks/ease of use) to anyone looking for one but it does gets old, for anyone looking for Apps/features N95 will get the attention.

I have both, although i love Apple products, i am sorry to say that my N95 is more useful than the iPhone.

FYI, N95 8gb is coming.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Don't make any decisions yet. Nokia have a press event lined up for the beginning of November and most people are expecting them to officially announce the N82 in time for Xmas. According to rumours it should have all the features of the N95 in a smaller, much more attractive package (thank god, N95's damn ugly).

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Don't like the two piece sliding design of the N95 seems it will wear down and eventually get flimsy, nope not diggin' it...iPhone all the way bebe!

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
one of my co workers told me the other day that he was getting rid of his n95 for an iPhone because he was sick of the n95

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Are you kidding? It doesn't have a keyboard...

I know it has something like a 5 megapixel camera which I think is awesome. I mean that thing could really replace a digital camera, but what about texting and typing on the internet and things like that.

The digital keyboard on iPhone is hands down the best. I'm so fast on it I wouldn't compare it to a real keyboard but WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY faster than t9 predictive.

Also, the safari internet is awesome, it is as close to real internet browsing (minus the flash :oops:) as you can get on a mobile device.