What is the BEST Belt Clip Case for the 4?

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
I'm looking for a way to minimally carry my 4 on my belt (horizontally). I have a Defender, but it is just too bulky. I love my Book Book, but would like a belt carry alternative. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I highly recommend the Lifeproof case and its belt clip. The case itself is a bit pricey at about $80 but the peace of mind it gives is worth it IMO. It's a lot less bulky than the Defender as well. The belt clip is another $30 and I couldn't live without mine. So much so that I keep an extra one on hand as mine have been prone to break where the locking mechanism latches the phone into the clip. YMMV. I was able to get a replacement belt clip from Lifeproof when my last one broke. I don't know it they would do that again. The newer belt clip for the iPhone 5 has been redesigned, including the latching mechanism.

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
Kadelic,

Actually, I have been thinking about a LifeProof case. Would you mind mentioning anything you don't like about it?

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Kadelic,

Actually, I have been thinking about a LifeProof case. Would you mind mentioning anything you don't like about it?
I honestly can't think o anything I don't like about it. If you use the headphone jack a lot, which I don't, I guess unscrewing the waterproof cap every time could be a nuisance. Also, keeping track of that little cap could be an issue as well, though the headphone adapter cable has a "keeper" on it for storing the cap. Having to use an adapter cable to use the headphone jack in the first place is another drawback if it's used a lot. I keep one in my car and one at home just in case I need one.

If you search the forum for "Lifeproof" there a few threads with tons of info, reviews, and complaints.

Mar 28, 2013
I actually enjoy the otterbox defender with the holster clip. But if you are looking for something smaller and less bulky I would try the luxmo shel-tek case/holster combo.

Apr 8, 2013
I am searching for a durable case that can protect my iPhone 4s from getting any kind of damage.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Sammyjohn

Mar 21, 2013
I highly recommend the Lifeproof case and its belt clip. The case itself is a bit pricey at about $80 but the peace of mind it gives is worth it IMO. It's a lot less bulky than the Defender as well. The belt clip is another $30 and I couldn't live without mine. So much so that I keep an extra one on hand as mine have been prone to break where the locking mechanism latches the phone into the clip. YMMV. I was able to get a replacement belt clip from Lifeproof when my last one broke. I don't know it they would do that again. The newer belt clip for the iPhone 5 has been redesigned, including the latching mechanism.
well, i do not think Lifeproof is a good choice, my friends has used it, and feels it is not so good.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
well, i do not think Lifeproof is a good choice, my friends has used it, and feels it is not so good.
LifeProof makes quality cases. What did your friend dislike about it? Did it leak?