What is the BEST Belt Clip Case for the 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Irish76, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

I'm looking for a way to minimally carry my 4 on my belt (horizontally). I have a Defender, but it is just too bulky. I love my Book Book, but would like a belt carry alternative. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I highly recommend the Lifeproof case and its belt clip. The case itself is a bit pricey at about $80 but the peace of mind it gives is worth it IMO. It's a lot less bulky than the Defender as well. The belt clip is another $30 and I couldn't live without mine. So much so that I keep an extra one on hand as mine have been prone to break where the locking mechanism latches the phone into the clip. YMMV. I was able to get a replacement belt clip from Lifeproof when my last one broke. I don't know it they would do that again. The newer belt clip for the iPhone 5 has been redesigned, including the latching mechanism.

3. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

Kadelic,

Actually, I have been thinking about a LifeProof case. Would you mind mentioning anything you don't like about it?

Sent using iCafe app

4. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Check out "Tuff as Nuts" ( http://tuff-as-nuts.com/Belt-Cases-for-Apple.aspx ) NZ company making leather cases/holsters for all devices. My iPhone 4 has rested in one of their horizontal holsters on my belt for over 2 years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I honestly can't think o anything I don't like about it. If you use the headphone jack a lot, which I don't, I guess unscrewing the waterproof cap every time could be a nuisance. Also, keeping track of that little cap could be an issue as well, though the headphone adapter cable has a "keeper" on it for storing the cap. Having to use an adapter cable to use the headphone jack in the first place is another drawback if it's used a lot. I keep one in my car and one at home just in case I need one.

If you search the forum for "Lifeproof" there a few threads with tons of info, reviews, and complaints.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

#6 RoofMonkey, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  7. Jennifer Chesney

Jennifer Chesney New Member

I actually enjoy the otterbox defender with the holster clip. But if you are looking for something smaller and less bulky I would try the luxmo shel-tek case/holster combo.

8. Anna Harris

Anna Harris New Member

I am searching for a durable case that can protect my iPhone 4s from getting any kind of damage.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep. Otterbox cases are great for both phones.
    image.jpg

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Hey - get your own superhero instinct indicator.

11. Sammyjohn

Sammyjohn New Member

well, i do not think Lifeproof is a good choice, my friends has used it, and feels it is not so good.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

LifeProof makes quality cases. What did your friend dislike about it? Did it leak?