What is the BEST Belt Clip Case for the 4?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
I'm looking for a way to minimally carry my 4 on my belt (horizontally). I have a Defender, but it is just too bulky. I love my Book Book, but would like a belt carry alternative. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I highly recommend the Lifeproof case and its belt clip. The case itself is a bit pricey at about $80 but the peace of mind it gives is worth it IMO. It's a lot less bulky than the Defender as well. The belt clip is another $30 and I couldn't live without mine. So much so that I keep an extra one on hand as mine have been prone to break where the locking mechanism latches the phone into the clip. YMMV. I was able to get a replacement belt clip from Lifeproof when my last one broke. I don't know it they would do that again. The newer belt clip for the iPhone 5 has been redesigned, including the latching mechanism.

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
Kadelic,

Actually, I have been thinking about a LifeProof case. Would you mind mentioning anything you don't like about it?

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Kadelic,

Actually, I have been thinking about a LifeProof case. Would you mind mentioning anything you don't like about it?
I honestly can't think o anything I don't like about it. If you use the headphone jack a lot, which I don't, I guess unscrewing the waterproof cap every time could be a nuisance. Also, keeping track of that little cap could be an issue as well, though the headphone adapter cable has a "keeper" on it for storing the cap. Having to use an adapter cable to use the headphone jack in the first place is another drawback if it's used a lot. I keep one in my car and one at home just in case I need one.

If you search the forum for "Lifeproof" there a few threads with tons of info, reviews, and complaints.

Mar 28, 2013
I actually enjoy the otterbox defender with the holster clip. But if you are looking for something smaller and less bulky I would try the luxmo shel-tek case/holster combo.

Sammyjohn

Mar 21, 2013
I highly recommend the Lifeproof case and its belt clip. The case itself is a bit pricey at about $80 but the peace of mind it gives is worth it IMO. It's a lot less bulky than the Defender as well. The belt clip is another $30 and I couldn't live without mine. So much so that I keep an extra one on hand as mine have been prone to break where the locking mechanism latches the phone into the clip. YMMV. I was able to get a replacement belt clip from Lifeproof when my last one broke. I don't know it they would do that again. The newer belt clip for the iPhone 5 has been redesigned, including the latching mechanism.
well, i do not think Lifeproof is a good choice, my friends has used it, and feels it is not so good.