What is the best for ripping songs?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
The problem I'm noticing is that the songs that I'm ripping from cd's into iTunes are playing really quiet and weak on the iPhone.

I have songs that I've downloaded from websites and file shareing and band's myspace and purevolume pages that play really loud and sound really clear when I play them on the phone after syncing. Then I'll switch to a song that I ripped from a cd and it's significantly quieter and more distorted. I'm talking a significant difference. I'll have a song from the internet and have to put it on like 1/2 volume on the iPhone and then i'll switch to a cd ripped song and have to crank it to at least 3/4 of the way maybe even more.

I originally ripped songs using the ACC encoder set at 128kbps because this was the default setting in iTunes. Then I changed it to the mp3 encoder at 160kbps and noticed a little improvement but still not to the quality of the other songs.

What if I go to 190kbps. It this going to improve much or do I just have to deal with the fact that the songs I've downloaded from the internet are of higher quality than the one's ripped from cd's. It doesn't seem that this should be the case.

icon

Aug 30, 2007
The problem I'm noticing is that the songs that I'm ripping from cd's into iTunes are playing really quiet and weak on the iPhone.

I have songs that I've downloaded from websites and file shareing and band's myspace and purevolume pages that play really loud and sound really clear when I play them on the phone after syncing. Then I'll switch to a song that I ripped from a cd and it's significantly quieter and more distorted. I'm talking a significant difference. I'll have a song from the internet and have to put it on like 1/2 volume on the iPhone and then i'll switch to a cd ripped song and have to crank it to at least 3/4 of the way maybe even more.

I originally ripped songs using the ACC encoder set at 128kbps because this was the default setting in iTunes. Then I changed it to the mp3 encoder at 160kbps and noticed a little improvement but still not to the quality of the other songs.

What if I go to 190kbps. It this going to improve much or do I just have to deal with the fact that the songs I've downloaded from the internet are of higher quality than the one's ripped from cd's. It doesn't seem that this should be the case.
Nobody has responded here. I just joined after doing a google search. I am having the same problem. It's really annoying when I have my iPhone hooked to my car stereo and I have to keep turning up the volume with every other song.