What is the best iPhone 4 case with a screen cover? (Lifeproof sucks!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Paul Mason, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Paul Mason

Paul Mason New Member

I need a case for my iPhone 4 and I just bought this Lifeproof case and it sucks. I need a case with some form of clear cover over the screen (due to work). What case do you recommend?

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Otterbox defender. Check it out.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Love the otter box defender myself, but curious what you don't like about the lifeproof case?

4. superpilot

superpilot New Member

I had a lifeproof but took it back. There is a gap in between the screen protector and the screen an or an OCD person like myself it gets very annoying as you have to press the screen with force. The otterbox defender isn't lifeproof but check it out.

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Get a Moshi screen protector & whatever case you want.

6. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Deff an otter box defender.

7. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

Defender tends to take some abuse if you don't use the belt clip. There are a couple other ones (not many) out there that you may want to look at.. Upload the amazon app and do some research. Never know what you might find..

Btw, I have a zagg screen protector and use a speck candyshell case.. No problems yet... 1 year and going..

8. F H

F H Guest

Here are many case made indifferent material. and you will have many Choose in Ebay.

9. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I'm offended by your title. Lifeproof doesn't suck. You don't like it. Don't buy it. But saying it sucks is wrong. It offers the best protection available. Period.

Let me explain something to you. Life is filled with compromises. The lifeproof case is a compromise. Like having a hot rod and driving it every day. It going to do some things good or excellent. Like accelerate, stop, handle corners. What's going to suffer with having that performance is gas mileage, some comfort etc. that's how I classify the lifeproof. It's awesome at protecting the phone. Keeping the phone safe from liquid (I'm typing this in the shower right now) and protecting it from drops or whatever else you can throw at it. Now, the call volume is reduced. And the port only accepts an Apple charger. And it's a little on the big side. But, it slides out of your pocket easily. I can take my phone out in 5 seconds flat if need be. So what's your problem? My types just fine. Even with water on the screen like now. This is not a perfect world, but this case is perfect for me. It's my daily driver. Otter box doesn't come close. My otterboxes now collect dust. Literally.

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

That is your opinion and the op is entilted to theirs. Which as stated it sucks.
    Too much time in your hand as well with being unbelievable. Type out a long rant in the shower. Doubtful IMO.

Best sentence in this post. Perfect for you. May not be perfect for anyone else. As the op stated they didn't like the life proof and wanted a suggestion on another case that may suit their needs. Not yours.

11. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

you must be the resident disagree-er (face palm)

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Lifeproof, you either love it or hate it. I don't see anything wrong with the title either, she's entitled to her own opinion. If I get 5 bad phones in a row I'm gonna say that the iPhone sucks too, I could care less if another person loves it.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

14. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I prefer resident "put people back in their place when they mis-speak". Sounds better to me.

15. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

What if you got 9? ;)

16. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but must everything end in name calling and insults lately? Come on guys I thought we were all adults here.

#16 katelynneemma, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've deleted a few posts, I don't like doing it but if it comes to name-calling I feel I must.

Katelynneemma has said what needs to be said.

18. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Guys, relax ;)

19. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

;)

20. J-94

J-94 Zealot
    Bronze

I like my lifeproof case, functional yet protective. Wished it was cheaper though haha