What is the best iPhone 4 case with a screen cover? (Lifeproof sucks!)

Oct 30, 2011
I need a case for my iPhone 4 and I just bought this Lifeproof case and it sucks. I need a case with some form of clear cover over the screen (due to work). What case do you recommend?

Oct 21, 2011
I had a lifeproof but took it back. There is a gap in between the screen protector and the screen an or an OCD person like myself it gets very annoying as you have to press the screen with force. The otterbox defender isn't lifeproof but check it out.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Defender tends to take some abuse if you don't use the belt clip. There are a couple other ones (not many) out there that you may want to look at.. Upload the amazon app and do some research. Never know what you might find..

Btw, I have a zagg screen protector and use a speck candyshell case.. No problems yet... 1 year and going..

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I'm offended by your title. Lifeproof doesn't suck. You don't like it. Don't buy it. But saying it sucks is wrong. It offers the best protection available. Period.

Let me explain something to you. Life is filled with compromises. The lifeproof case is a compromise. Like having a hot rod and driving it every day. It going to do some things good or excellent. Like accelerate, stop, handle corners. What's going to suffer with having that performance is gas mileage, some comfort etc. that's how I classify the lifeproof. It's awesome at protecting the phone. Keeping the phone safe from liquid (I'm typing this in the shower right now) and protecting it from drops or whatever else you can throw at it. Now, the call volume is reduced. And the port only accepts an Apple charger. And it's a little on the big side. But, it slides out of your pocket easily. I can take my phone out in 5 seconds flat if need be. So what's your problem? My types just fine. Even with water on the screen like now. This is not a perfect world, but this case is perfect for me. It's my daily driver. Otter box doesn't come close. My otterboxes now collect dust. Literally.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I'm offended by your title. Lifeproof doesn't suck. You don't like it. Don't buy it. But saying it sucks is wrong. It offers the best protection available. Period.
That is your opinion and the op is entilted to theirs. Which as stated it sucks.
(I'm typing this in the shower right now)
Too much time in your hand as well with being unbelievable. Type out a long rant in the shower. Doubtful IMO.

This is not a perfect world, but this case is perfect for me.
Best sentence in this post. Perfect for you. May not be perfect for anyone else. As the op stated they didn't like the life proof and wanted a suggestion on another case that may suit their needs. Not yours.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
That is your opinion and the op is entilted to theirs. Which as stated it sucks.

Too much time in your hand as well with being unbelievable. Type out a long rant in the shower. Doubtful IMO.

Best sentence in this post. Perfect for you. May not be perfect for anyone else. As the op stated they didn't like the life proof and wanted a suggestion on another case that may suit their needs. Not yours.
you must be the resident disagree-er (face palm)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Lifeproof, you either love it or hate it. I don't see anything wrong with the title either, she's entitled to her own opinion. If I get 5 bad phones in a row I'm gonna say that the iPhone sucks too, I could care less if another person loves it.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but must everything end in name calling and insults lately? Come on guys I thought we were all adults here.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've deleted a few posts, I don't like doing it but if it comes to name-calling I feel I must.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but must everything end in name calling and insults lately? Come on guys I thought we were all adults here.
Katelynneemma has said what needs to be said.