What is the best iPhone 4 case with a screen cover? (Lifeproof sucks!)

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but must everything end in name calling and insults lately? Come on guys I thought we were all adults here.
hey I agree. I usually don't call names, but he was trying to act like the thread police or something. And to me, it's quite unnerving. I know you guys don't know me, but I don't make stuff up and post it just because. If I see someone posting something I don't believe, I usually don't go out of my way to police it. Just uncalled for if you ask me. Saying lifeproof sucks in your title is uncalled for too. You don't like it. don't buy it.

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
How are you lifeproof case owners coping with the screen gap (the space between the screen protector and screen)

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
I had the OtterBox on my iPhone 4 for some time and the quality of it compared to the ones for the 3G,3GS is a lot to be asked for. The OtterBox rubber came loose and the small drop on corner broke the plastic case off on edge. I got rid of it and got a Griffin Survivor and I can say if you want some insurance for a iPhone the Griffin Survivor is the way to go. If you have any doubts about protection just do a YouTube search and see the test and torture they put this case through. I am very happy with the case and glad I found it. Also to add it is a Mil-Spec Case very durable. Not to push something on you I just think a good case is a very good investment and to me the Griffin Survivor is the best I have found.
One less thing to worry about if my phone gets dropped.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
If your looking for heavy duty protection I like the ballistic case better than the otter box only because the outside layer comes off if you don't need it right then. I found the outer layer also holds up better than the silicone on the otter box.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
hey I agree. I usually don't call names, but he was trying to act like the thread police or something. And to me, it's quite unnerving. I know you guys don't know me, but I don't make stuff up and post it just because. If I see someone posting something I don't believe, I usually don't go out of my way to police it. Just uncalled for if you ask me. Saying lifeproof sucks in your title is uncalled for too. You don't like it. don't buy it.
I understand where you are coming from, in future please just hit the report button. This is just a forum don't let it get to you :)

As for the rest of you, thanks for getting back on topic (y)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
sorry. Just got me bent out of shape lol. Where has naps been?
Don't worry about it, we all have our moments. I don't have a clue where, Napoleon_PhoneApart is - ask Europa (y)

Edit: Napoleon logged in yesterday.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
If your looking for heavy duty protection I like the ballistic case better than the otter box only because the outside layer comes off if you don't need it right then. I found the outer layer also holds up better than the silicone on the otter box.
I like the ballistic case but (I had one) if you remove the phone from it kind of often, the front will pop off when you drop it. The guy I sold it to had it happen to him and this is what happened: (I felt bad too)
ImageUploadedByiCafe1320238775.848352.jpg

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
stinks. But at least it was just the back ;)
yes, I felt bad so I gave him the spare aluminum back I had. Funny thing is that Friday, he told me he dropped it and the front popped off and the phone fell on the ground. Didn't hurt it. So I put a tiny dot of superglue on each corner to keep it from doing that again. Then Sunday he texted me that he dropped it and it bounced, phone came out and then the phone hit the concrete and broke the glass. yes, it's a good thing it was the back.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
yes, I felt bad so I gave him the spare aluminum back I had. Funny thing is that Friday, he told me he dropped it and the front popped off and the phone fell on the ground. Didn't hurt it. So I put a tiny dot of superglue on each corner to keep it from doing that again. Then Sunday he texted me that he dropped it and it bounced, phone came out and then the phone hit the concrete and broke the glass. yes, it's a good thing it was the back.
glue that thing to his hand!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It sounds like this person isn't worthy of having such a nice device. If all they are going to do is constantly drop the damn thing.

Reactions: Rugaby

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
...Life is filled with compromises ... Like having a hot rod and driving it every day. It going to do some things good or excellent. Like accelerate, stop, handle corners. What's going to suffer with having that performance is gas mileage, some comfort etc. that's how I classify ...
LMAO, sound like there's hope for you yet. Anyway, I'll try to remember this next time I'm pitching a "stock" unit. Just pulling your leg.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Dj101

Bronze
Nov 21, 2010
Pensacola Fl U.S.A.
www.Mix.dj
How are you lifeproof case owners coping with the screen gap (the space between the screen protector and screen)
what i did to fix the problem was pretty simple.......
i took the phone out of the case one night before bed,then i put it back together,without the phone in it,
and before i closed the bottom,i pushed the screen down to force air out,quickly closed the bottom to make a seal.
you can see the vacume effect bowing the screen in
i let mine sit till morning,and it now has a natural curve inwards towards the screen

hope this helps

Derzzle

Nov 12, 2011
LOL I just bought a LifeProof and like it a lot.... thought I thought I was the only one OCD enough to be slightly bothered by the gap and the 'membrane keyboard' feel when fingering the display (sometimes with a faintly audible **thwap** when u tap)

However, considering my ADHD massacred my iPhone 4 by taking it for a half hour romp in Lake Washington before I noticed "What's this thing in my board shorts?"...

---
DrQ, Cloud Ninja

// Sent from iOS, typos and misspleeings quite possibl