What is the best password manager?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HookDW

Sep 10, 2014
Hello Forum Members,

I am looking for free and best Password Manager, please let me know...i need to use that in all the platforms and browsers.....

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Our family uses 1Password but many folks, including security gurus like Steve Gibson of Gibson Research & SpinRite, like Lastpass. If you do a (Google) search, you'll find a number of articles online comparing many of the most popular ones.
HTH

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
Hello Forum Members,

I am looking for free and best Password Manager, please let me know...i need to use that in all the platforms and browsers.....
+1 on 1password. I love the fact that you can go use the built in browser to access your login screens. It's a little pricey but well worth it for all those sites which you have passwords for. Very clean interface and easy to use.

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
Another thing I meant to mention about 1password is that it can create pretty strong passwords for you which is very handy. You can select how long or how detailed the password. I use fairly long and detailed passwords for good security peace of mind and all I have to then do is copy them when I am logging in.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Well I know they have a trial version but pretty sure it's not free forever. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm unsure. I haven't paid anything for it on both devices. It works great. I have maybe 12 password websites saved. That could be the difference. Free allows you only X saved. I'm not positive though. Nonetheless it's always been free for me. I've used it for a few years now.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
FREE? More information please. Link?
the desktop version was free when it first started then they started to charge for it. but you can still get it for free if you email 5 friends and they get it. all they have to do is install the free version once all 5 have installed it. you will be granted a lifetime account. and once you have that account it becomes lifetime for all platforms.
on a side note if you have 5 different emails you can just do all the leg work yourself:)