What is the best way to protect?

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
looking forward to pics sele, also, wondering if you can take some pics of the holster too. and thanks for answering my previous questions

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
looking forward to pics sele, also, wondering if you can take some pics of the holster too. and thanks for answering my previous questions
No problem, I did not see your request for the holster until I had already left the camera but I will do those as soon as I can. Attached are the pictures of the Hybrid Case. Please excuse the quality of these, but where I was at I forgot about the florescent lights in the ceiling and these really played the devil with the camera. This front of this case is completely clear, it does NOT give the phone a bronze coloring like appears in these pictures. I will retake the pictures and upload them as soon as I get time.

Sele

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyersPhanatic9

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
thanks sele
how did the lights create that effect, its pretty interesting
also
when you look at the phone straight on, is the clear case on the front very noticeable

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
thanks sele
how did the lights create that effect, its pretty interesting
also
when you look at the phone straight on, is the clear case on the front very noticeable
It is really not the lights but the camera. I was using my camera with flash under a set of florescent lights and forgot to set the white balance accordingly. That makes the colors in the photo slightly off.

The case is clear but you can see that it is on the phone, they make one that is all black which looks nice as well. This one is black on the back with the clear part on the front. As you can see in the pictures you can clearly see where the case is, it is the same in real life. The pictures are accurate except that on my monitor I can see a bronze tint where the silver chrome should be.

FlyersPhanatic9

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
It is really not the lights but the camera. I was using my camera with flash under a set of florescent lights and forgot to set the white balance accordingly. That makes the colors in the photo slightly off.

The case is clear but you can see that it is on the phone, they make one that is all black which looks nice as well. This one is black on the back with the clear part on the front. As you can see in the pictures you can clearly see where the case is, it is the same in real life. The pictures are accurate except that on my monitor I can see a bronze tint where the silver chrome should be.
the case looks really good, its a perfect blend of the two

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
have you found any scratches on the front due to the plastic?
I just looked at mine and did not see any scratches around the silver edge at all. But I have been removing mine each night to put it in the dock to charge and I take that time to wipe it down with an Apple polish cloth before placing it back in the case.

FlyersPhanatic9

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I just looked at mine and did not see any scratches around the silver edge at all. But I have been removing mine each night to put it in the dock to charge and I take that time to wipe it down with an Apple polish cloth before placing it back in the case.
ive definitely decide on one of the seidios between full rubber and hybrid, im JW which is
A) easier to slide in and out of pocket
B) Better looking cosmetically

And also, can i use a screen protector with these?

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
bump
sele where have you gone?
Sorry I have been in bed sick for a couple of days. This is the first time I have been on the computer in three days.

Between the two Seidio cases, I think that either one would work for you. The hybrid will slide in and out of your pocket a little easier, but it is a little thicker. (at least to my untrained eye.)
The rubberized case looks the best in my opinion. I just like the all black look. It will also slide in and out of a pocket without any trouble.
You can use a screen protector with any of these cases.

Sorry again about being so slow.

FlyersPhanatic9

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
no problem
i wouldn't expect you to get out of bed just to answer my needs

anyway
i think im sold on the rubberized one, it just looks sexier with the phone

Damien

Sep 20, 2007
I am still in search of a good case also. I bought the incase which is a thick black rubber case with a topigraphical design for grip. The grip works good not slippery but the case itself has left lots of scratches and scuffs all over my iPhone. I am both sad and mad about this. My wife bought a silicon one for hers and it doesn't seem to be leaving scratches. It even has a cord winder on the back for the headphones. My poor chrome bezel is all scratched now how sad anyone have a better suggestion then going naked? I would really like to keep bulk down and I have no interest for a screen protector. I just want padded corners I guess for a drop.