What is the correct server info for Bellsouth.net email?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jstemp33

Jun 20, 2007
Yup, unlike most email, "mail.bellsouth.net" is used for both the incoming and outgoing.

Cheers.
I tried those servers and it stated that the message can not be sent since server rejected message

Please help I have a businesss and can not send emails

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
That's odd. Not sure what to tell you - that info came straight off Bellsouth's website. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this one.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I tried those servers and it stated that the message can not be sent since server rejected message

You can try putting mail.Bellsouth.net:587
put your username and password same as incoming. And leave SSL settings (under advanced) however they are already set.

See if that helps ya out...

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007

The Bellsouth smtp server will only accept connections from bellsouth.net-connected users. If you're not connected to a bellsouth.net hosted wifi the connection will fail. If you're connected to the internet via the EDGE connection, you have to use some other smtp server such as AT&T's or gmail.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
The Bellsouth smtp server will only accept connections from bellsouth.net-connected users. If you're not connected to a bellsouth.net hosted wifi the connection will fail. If you're connected to the internet via the EDGE connection, you have to use some other smtp server such as AT&T's or gmail.
This is why I suggested what I did in my reply above. Sometimes they WILL allow outgoing mail from a connection other than their own through port 587 with authentication. I only know because it works with my provider, and I believe comcast people have had success with it as well.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

Bellsouth has different names for which ever city you are in. example, I'm in Atlanta so my mail server is "mail.atl.bellsouth.net" if you are in another city you need to add it. google it and see if you can find the mail server for your area.