What is the deal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

natalie

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
Louisiana
www.myspace.com
not to sound like a ***** or anything. but the iPhone is a great little device.
its funny to hear all these little things people want to change. like one guy i heard wanted the phone screen to flip the other way also because when the phone is on his desk he rather be able to hit the home button with his left hand instead of his right.
ok, the phone is what, 5 inches in length? come on, how lazy do you have to be? some of these request ive been hearing lately is just down right lazy. the phone isn't that big of an area... its not like to access a feature you have to run across the room twice, do 10 jumping jacks and spin once to do so. "oh damn i have to move my finger an extra inch" or "i have to hit that home button AGAIN?! *SIGH*"

sorry... rant over

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Lol, it is funny some of the things people will say isn't it?

Can you believe the phone I use you actually have to apply an energy burning push to make the screen flip! Just to use the keyboard! (I use a sidekick3) =)

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
While we are ranting allow me to join ya ;)

Two things that drive me crazy is people who ***** about a microscopic scratch on their PHONE uhhh its a PHONE ! its made out of uhhhh normal materials it's going to get scratched dinged whatnot, it's not made out of ultimaterialum. They take photos of their scratches with HD flash and a electron microscope :sick: Some go on about how they noticed the left side bezel is slightly different than the right side, or how to get rid of finger prints HELLO ITS A TOUCH DEVICE ! I have never seen a more anal retentive group of people in my whole life. :mad:

Also all these people that ***** about having to reset their ring-tones, themes, hacks yadda yadda yadda. Then ***** and moan every time a new update comes out on iTunes and they have to restore. DUH ;)

Its time to take off the marshmallow pants, stop hitting the boo hoo button and grow some cranberries. :p

Ahhhh rant over, that feels better :D

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
While we are ranting allow me to join ya ;)

Two things that drive me crazy is people who ***** about a microscopic scratch on their PHONE uhhh its a PHONE ! its made out of material it's going to get scratched dinged whatnot, it's not made out of ultimaterialum. They take photos of their scratches with HD flash and a electron microscope :sick: Some go on about how they noticed the left side bezel is slightly different than the right side, or how to get rid of finger prints HELLO ITS A TOUCH DEVICE ! I have never seen a more anal retentive group of people in my whole life. :mad:

Also all these people that ***** about having to reset their ring-tones, themes, hacks yadda yadda yadda. Then ***** and moan every time a new update comes out on iTunes and they have to restore. DUH ;)

Its time to take off the marshmallow pants, stop hitting the boo hoo button and grow some cranberries. :p

Ahhhh rant over, that feels better :D
Lol, there are a lot of crybabies aren't there, hehe.

I could see how you would be disappointed with your first scratch or whatever on your $600 phone, but its inevitable people, its bound to happen!

I take very good care of my phones, and always double check that it is secure on my belt, in my pocket or whatever and still have accidental drops. All you can do is be extra careful.

Anyways. . .

Kipper

Bronze
Shits bound to happen like when I dropped my iPhone for the 1st time. It slipped out of my pocket and onto the floor. Of course I cursed but I picked it up and checked for damages but after that I put it back in my pocket and went about my businesss. People need to lighten up some around here.:cool:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Shits bound to happen like when I dropped my iPhone for the 1st time. It slipped out of my pocket and onto the floor. Of course I cursed but I picked it up and checked for damages but after that I put it back in my pocket and went about my businesss. People need to lighten up some around here.:cool:
I dented the corner pretty good the first time my iPhone hit the floor. I dropped a few f-bombs, but now my phone has scratches all over the silver plastic bezel and the back. It's a phone and it's going to scratch. seems most people on here are very obsessive about the scratches. to each their own i guess.

Jul 2, 2007
Mt Brook, AL
Amen!

Good points made here. The thing is a cell phone which means it will be in pockets, banging around in a purse and subject to all manner of deprivations. The people who complain about minute scratches are the probably the same ones who complain about black MacBooks showing smudges and finger prints. I am pretty anal retentive about taking care of my things, but hey, that is what iKlean was made for. Whipe off those smudges and finger prints and move on with your life. As I type this, my black MacBook is covered in smudges and I noticed the screen of my iPhone is pretty skanky too. Maybe I will clean them this weekend, maybe I won't. They are tools, albeit, extremely well designed and nice to look at tools, but tools none the less.:cool:

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah! I know! Seriously!I mean soo many people are complianing about the tiniest things!? You know what chaps MY hide? People not allowing other people to discuss legitimate problems and assuming that we are nitpicking and complaining way too much.

My poll proved it, the people screaming the loudest are the people telling other people to shut up about how much the phone isn't perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2007
my 2 cents

Oh good, a venting thread..LOL.

One thing that has been bugging me is all these people bitching about it being "locked". "I don't want to have to be with AT&T, blah, blah, blah." :mad:

For one thing, almost every company has "exclusive" phones. There are phones that verizon has that sprint doesn't, or that alltell has that AT&T doesn't. True, some of the high demand like Razr have carried over, but the fact remains businesss is businesss. Apple is making a profit on this because AT&T agreed to it. Besides I would rather have a GSM phone that I can use around the world anyway. Hell, I even termed my contract early with Verizon to switch. :p

And when it comes down to it, coverage is coverage. The maps for the carriers all look virtually the same these days. They all have dead spots, they all have areas they don't cover, especially out here in the West. If it's not a phone you think you will use, or AT&T doesn't have good coverage in your area, then don't buy it! Ok, now I feel zen. :)