What is the iPhone 5 release date?

I

ilinagome

Hi everyone! What is the iPhone 5 release date? Has Apple mentioned anything about when we could expect it? I'm due for an upgrade and would like to wait for the new model to get released. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

lkcsc

Mar 6, 2011
A date hasn't been given yet.

saso777

Jul 18, 2012
Macedonia
I was thinking in September but probably it will be postponed for a month or two.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Many of the sites speculate an early August announcement pertaining to ios 6 and the new iPhone.. So that puts it as being available late September or early October..

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I was gonna check on this but my crystal ball is in the repair shop. :rolleyes:

Jun 13, 2012
I just feel that I have been waiting it for a very long time.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
I am saying right now

Announcement in August

Release in September.....

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm hearing more of a September release now. I hope i'm eligible then. I bought my 4S in October.

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
September is out of the question. They need to have at least 18 to 20 million units on hand for an initial launch since this will be an LTE World phone. Even if they began test production runs July 1st and got everything nailed down by July 15th they still wouldn't make September. Using past ramp up performance of the manufacturing in China, Apple won't be able to launch until the second week of October. With a new screen, radio, battery and CPU/GPU they will be lucky to hit 8 million units a month by the beginning of August. That means they need all of August, September and the first week of October to get to the inventory required.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
September is out of the question. They need to have at least 18 to 20 million units on hand for an initial launch since this will be an LTE World phone. Even if they began test production runs July 1st and got everything nailed down by July 15th they still wouldn't make September. Using past ramp up performance of the manufacturing in China, Apple won't be able to launch until the second week of October. With a new screen, radio, battery and CPU/GPU they will be lucky to hit 8 million units a month by the beginning of August. That means they need all of August, September and the first week of October to get to the inventory required.
You're probably correct. September does seem a bit too soon.