What is the iPhone 5 release date?

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
Agree with what? Prettycaty simply posted a bunch of new clippings, without citing sources. And did a pretty piss poor job while doing it.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
New iPhone prototype come out come out werever you are !
Anyway todays rumors have us at Septemper 21st
Yeah 1st Day of Fall is the 22nd
iOS 6 comes out this Fall
It could make sense.
Anyway I am waiting and meanwhile eyeballing the Galaxy s lll .......Am thinking to get an unlocked one to keep me pacified until then.
I can always use a travel phone.
Keep the rumors coming I love it !

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I'm hearing more of a September release now. I hope i'm eligible then. I bought my 4S in October.
I bought my iPhone 4S on release day. My daughter has a dumb phone that she got for Christmas in December 2010.
AT&T here fly says on their website that I qualify for an early iPhone upgrade with new 2 year contract. Full upgrade available May 14, 2013.

My daughters line says the same with a full upgrade available Aug 23, 2012.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Apple scheduled a conference for September 12, 2012. With their given history, this means that within a week or two the 'New iPhone'(as I'm guessing they'll do away with the numbers like with the iPad) will be released sometime around the 20-25th of September.

Ryenku

Aug 1, 2012
I heard the production slow down due to insufficient of parts, I hope it come out before October, it's a long wait since last year.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
I heard the production slow down due to insufficient of parts, I hope it come out before October, it's a long wait since last year.
It's actually not as long of a wait as it was between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s. The iPhone 4s(in the US) did not hit the stores until November. Even if it does come out in October(later than expected) it will still be less than a year since the release of the last version. Given Apple's tenancies, that is still quite impressive.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
For the amazing deal, im getting it for. OF COURSE :D

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Apple scheduled a conference for September 12, 2012. With their given history, this means that within a week or two the 'New iPhone'(as I'm guessing they'll do away with the numbers like with the iPad) will be released sometime around the 20-25th of September.
People....It's been pretty much 'officially' announced. September 21 is the release date. Read the interwebs.

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
Totally shocked they are going to launch with so few phones with it supposedly being LTE. Makes me wonder if the whole "iPad (3rd Gen) LTE isn't LTE in all these countries" means they are only launching in the US and a select few other countries that use our frequencies.

stlcheer

Bronze
Jun 10, 2010
I'm hoping the September date turns out to be true. My iPhone 4 is on its last leg. I don't usually believe a lot of the rumors but I'm thinking this one might be true.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Totally shocked they are going to launch with so few phones with it supposedly being LTE. Makes me wonder if the whole "iPad (3rd Gen) LTE isn't LTE in all these countries" means they are only launching in the US and a select few other countries that use our frequencies.
You're assuming quite a lot. No one knows how many iPhones will be available at launch. Only Apple.

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
Any count under 8 million is small. They sell over 4 million on launch day alone with limited countries being able to order. And based on industry orders for parts, they didn't go into full production till very recently.

So my inference is if this Sept release is correct, that they must be doing a very limited release.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Any count under 8 million is small. They sell over 4 million on launch day alone with limited countries being able to order. And based on industry orders for parts, they didn't go into full production till very recently.

So my inference is if this Sept release is correct, that they must be doing a very limited release.
Again, you're speculating. Neither you, nor anyone else here, has any idea how many there will on launch day. If you want one, however, I would recommend pre-ordering it. That's my plan.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Pre-order is the way to go.....only time I stood in line was for the 3G....I Pre-ordered 3GS, 4, and 4S........and I received the phones to my door between 8:30-9AM on launch day.

I plan on Pre-ordering this one too.

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
Again, you're speculating. Neither you, nor anyone else here, has any idea how many there will on launch day. If you want one, however, I would recommend pre-ordering it. That's my plan.
I will preorder 2 the day order entry goes live on VZW. Which is what I did for the 4 and 4S. And my speculation is based on simple research and manufacturing data. I am just curious why they would only use 2 months of manufacturing to launch a phone that should have an initial higher demand than even the 4S had. I find it... interesting.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I will preorder 2 the day order entry goes live on VZW. Which is what I did for the 4 and 4S. And my speculation is based on simple research and manufacturing data. I am just curious why they would only use 2 months of manufacturing to launch a phone that should have an initial higher demand than even the 4S had. I find it... interesting.
Appleinsider says up to 18M units will be available.
"Overall, in-cell panel supply should reach between 14 to 18 million units in the third quarter, sufficient for the next-generation iPhone's rollout."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12...sept_despite_reported_component_shortage.html

Psyrix

Bronze
Jul 24, 2012
That directly contradicts the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S spin ups at the China plants based on past launch production numbers. So I am going to stick with my original numbers of 8 million and at most 8 countries at launch.

MrDru07

Jun 12, 2010
MO
I think a late Sept release date makes sense. If Apple is wanting to move back to the normal release cycle. Samsung releases theirs usually around July and with these pending lawsuits going on by moving closer back to a July/Aug date they can compete even more with Samsung. Also I wouldn't be surprises at all if it is very limited at first. It seems like these companies will never learn to have plenty in stock before selling to the public. Their excuse it's always " there was a greater demand than expected " Well I'm not sure why they do it that way, but this limited supply in September will allow them to give ppl a taste of what's there and then there would be plenty for everyone for the Christmas holiday.