What Is The Status Of Your iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What Is The Status Of Your iPhone?

• Locked and using AT&T.

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Locked to AT&T but jailbroken for 3rd party apps.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Unlocked to a different carrier using a commercial unlocker (eg. iphonesimfree).

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Unlocked to a different carrier using a free unlocker (eg. AnySIM).

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I want to unlock, but I'm waiting to see what Apple do in their next update.

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

Dimsum

Sep 22, 2007
So what have you done to your iPhone? Are you playing it safe and staying with AT&T? Did you unlock it the very minute the commercial or free unlocks became available? Have you had your iPhone for a while now but are so scared what Apple will do in their next iPhone update that you have decided to wait and see if the hackers will get the unlock working after the next update?

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
One choice is missing

Unlocked but still using ATT
And if you work on 300,000 iPhones sold (I remember 270,000 number from Apple a few weeks ago) out there and ~3% unlocked it could be 40000 bricked phones - based on breakdown and selling price that could be another $600000 income for Apple/ATT - Is this how Apple will reach 1 million units by year end?

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
locked to AT&T and jailbroken with third party apps. however iPhone wouldn't turn on last night so had to restore :( oh well, mays well get used to not having any apps for the update anyway

xwing25

Sep 12, 2007
Unlocked but still using ATT
And if you work on 300,000 iPhones sold (I remember 270,000 number from Apple a few weeks ago) out there and ~3% unlocked it could be 40000 bricked phones - based on breakdown and selling price that could be another $600000 income for Apple/ATT - Is this how Apple will reach 1 million units by year end?
they have sold 1 million already as said here
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/09/10iPhone.html
i do have 3rd party apps and love them but i am locked to AT&T

H

Hayesimus

you shoulda had an option for "currently being repaired" as mine STILL is. They said 3 days. I sent it off a week ago tomorrow! :( I want my EFFING iPhone back!