What is this cable for?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

McLower

Oct 22, 2012
I got this cable from my aunty when she gave me her Kinect for xbox before selling the xbox. It is an Apple connector, plugs in and charges all three of my ipad 2/ipod touch 4g/ iPhone 3gs. It has a usb and video cable (single av cable) on one end, and the Apple connector on the other. It is very beefy and white. What is it for? Thanks!

McLower

Oct 22, 2012
ht tp:// imgur.c om/MwQ nS

Not the best of photos but you can see the ends. Has the regular Apple connector on one end of the cable, and a simple video (yellow) cable accompanied by a usb end on the other. Please remove the spaces to see the picture, it would not let me post a link.

MwQnS.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
ht tp:// imgur.c om/MwQ nS

Not the best of photos but you can see the ends. Has the regular Apple connector on one end of the cable, and a simple video (yellow) cable accompanied by a usb end on the other. Please remove the spaces to see the picture, it would not let me post a link.

View attachment 25986
That would be used to connect an iPhone to a TV so you could watch iPhone videos on the TV. It looks pretty old and I haven't ever seen one without the red and white cables for audio. You can do this wirelessly now via AirPlay and an Apple TV box.