What Is This Icon?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Hondamaker, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I have a jailbroken iPhone 6, and I don't have many cydia apps installed. I noticed an icon on my lock screen on the bottom left corner. It's similar to the camera icon for swiping up, but it's a messages icon. When I swiped up on it, it opened the messages app. How did I get this?

Attached Files:

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

It might be, but since I have the messages app already, why would it 'suggest' it? Also, I had just sent a video clip via the messages app to my daughter, who was sitting next to me. That's the only time I've seen this icon. I wonder if you're in a text conversation with someone nearby, it shows up on the lock screen? I'm really not sure if this is a jailbreak thing or an iOS 8 thing!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a stock feature. It only shows you icons for apps that are already installed. It will show your bank app icon when you're near your bank, for example.

I'm pretty sure it's showing your messages app because of the Continuity feature. Do you have a Mac with iMessages enabled that you started typing a message on but didn't send?

5. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Well, the thing is, we weren't home. We were at an MMA match, and I was sending her a copy of the video I took of a fight.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm just wondering if you started typing a message on your computer and didn't send it and the icon has been there since then but you just now noticed it.

Check your other texting theads on the phone and see if there is something that was written (on you Mac with Continuity) but not yet sent.

7. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

No. I don't text from my Mac often. I remember the icon came and went during the time we were together.

8. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I agree with Europa. That icon looks like it is a part of the Continuity feature which was introduced in iOS 8.