What is this? Longwell LS-7A cable E55349

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thelaw, Aug 22, 2014.

1. thelaw

thelaw New Member

I recently bought a used Macbook 2010 edition online so that our apps could be tested and uploaded to Apple using X Code. In cleaning up my place I found this cable. I have no idea what it's for, lol. Doing research online says that it's an Apple cable. The only devices I have are an iPod (not it), an iPad Mini (not it) and the Macbook 2012 with revision 7 that has the magnetic power AC adapter and I have the Apple adapter. And then I found this among 4-5 boxes of cables and stuff that I ordered but not within any box and guess it may have fallen out. I wonder if someone dropped it in by accident. If I can't use it, anyone need one? LOL. :)

Here's the item, remove spaces to view. Thanks!

i.ebayim g.c om/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z /GWkAAOSwq7JT5Adz/$_57.J PG

2. thelaw

thelaw New Member

OK... I just figured this out. How could you Apple heads not know this? LOL.

You can yank off the power prongs for the AC adapter if you wish. It's portable. And if you want a longer extension that also has 3 prongs instead of two, you can connect that longer cable to the AC adapter and get an extra 4-6 feet of cable length and grounding. That's what it is. Funny stuff...