What is wrong with you people?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
What is this forum turning into? All of a sudden people are so polite to one another, watching their langauge, apologizing for real or imagined infractions, bend-over-backward-helpful, lifting their veils of anonymity, giving meaningful "thank yous", OJIsAKila has changed his avatar, is looking and sounding more endearing, for chrissake!...I could go on and on! This place is actually - I never believe I'd say this about an online forum - so warm and friendly!

Call me crazy, but the ongoing exploration, discovery of water and possibly rudiments of Life on Mars, is having all sort of effects here on Earth. We may not be alone in the Universe, people! I've got a few extra tin foil hat, if anyone is interested. Good grief! I feel a group hug coming...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I enjoy it. I'm assuming that by " lifting their veils of anonymity" you mean me, but yes, it's quite nice to have a place that one can trust to not have trolls and other things that seem to become the personality of most forums.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
No I'm afraid I'm skating on thin ice at the moment....gotta let the wounds heal...

don't worry though, I'll be around...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I think that we are all so beat down, from the current world situation. We have to have something to take our minds off it all. What surprises me is how long this forum has been going strong. Usually a phone comes out, people discuss it for a few months, then they move on. Not so with this forum, or the iPhone. Plus, there are a lot of good people here. The kind you wouldn't mind sitting down with, sharing a Martini, good cigar and great conversation. I don't always agree with everyone, but I do wish all, Love & Peace, Mark

BTW: Kakofonix, Great thread idea!

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I agree this forum & the people on here are great. I've only been on here a short time but I have learned a lot about my phone.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Plus, there are a lot of good people here. The kind you wouldn't mind sitting down with, sharing a Martini, good cigar and great conversation.
I couldn't have put it better myself, Swagger.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have a feeling this is going to become the next love thread. ;)

Honestly, I don't see EIC or the iPhone going anywhere anytime soon. Mark is right; usually with these kinds of forums, it gets active for a few months after the phone's release date and then dies down, and eventually, as does the phone. The iPhone is still the best phone on the market and EIC has been going strong for just over two years.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It does just seem to get better and better doesn't it? The best site in the world about the best device in the world.

I also agree about the people here. We truly are a lovely bunch of fools, but our real strength is our differences and ability to laugh at them and learn from them.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I enjoy it. I'm assuming that by " lifting their veils of anonymity" you mean me, but yes, it's quite nice to have a place that one can trust to not have trolls and other things that seem to become the personality of most forums.
Aye, Linc fka John! You're quite a precocious young 'un. Nice reveal!