What is your favorite NES game to play on the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm hooked on Monopoly. It's not very timing-intensive, so i can make sure my fat fingers hit the correct button or pick the correct option without any worries of getting killed.

plus it passes time like no other.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I love Dragon Quest IV. I was playing for 2 straight hours yesterday while waiting for my car to be fixed.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm hooked on Monopoly. It's not very timing-intensive, so i can make sure my fat fingers hit the correct button or pick the correct option without any worries of getting killed.

plus it passes time like no other.
BattleChess is fun, and works with the latest rev of NES emu.

It's what I used to play before Warcraft when I was a kid, and the only reason I played it was because it reminded me of that game R2-D2 and Chewbacca were playing in Starwars.

Also, it works well for people with pickle fingers and hotdog fingers.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
where do you guys get your roms from?
i can't seem to find them anywhere on the internet...

iverson - I was lucky enough to get some from a buddy at work. I also couldnt find any online. I can probably post a few on here when I get home tonight.

My favorite is Excitebike. I would like to get my hands on Monopoly but I cant find it online.

Maybe we should start a NES Rom sharing thread?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Hey guys, this is a great thread for listing your favorites NES games. Just don't post any ROMs, b/c they are illegal. :D

Anywho, I play Mike Tyson's Punch Out quite a bit. Gets a little hairy once you get to the better guys though...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
No, I thought it was, but it's not.

read that thread, and check out my link to Nintendo.
Ahh, thanks for that link, interesting information rxmxsh.

"Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet."

How ridiculous. What could Nintendo possibly do about it?

"People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?
The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner."

In other words, they cant make money off of it. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Ahh, thanks for that link, interesting information rxmxsh.

"Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet."

How ridiculous. What could Nintendo possibly do about it?

"People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?
The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner."

In other words, they cant make money off of it. :cool:
True, but it's not like Nintendo is still selling NES games.... Are they?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yes, actually Nintendo are still selling their old software library through thw Wii's Virtual Console application. They offer vintage games by Namco, Capcom, SNK, Sega and basically anything released on the Genesis, TurboGrafx, NeoGeo, Snes, NES, anf rumor has it, soon the Dreamcast.

Ya they pretty much closed the book on internet roms now that they are still being sold. Meh...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Yes, actually Nintendo are still selling their old software library through thw Wii's Virtual Console application. They offer vintage games by Namco, Capcom, SNK, Sega and basically anything released on the Genesis, TurboGrafx, NeoGeo, Snes, NES, anf rumor has it, soon the Dreamcast.

Ya they pretty much closed the book on internet roms now that they are still being sold. Meh...
I guess, but to me it's not the same as selling the cartridge. How much are they on the Wii console?