What I've Missed...From iPhone 5s to iPhone 7 PLUS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I've now been in possession of the 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 Plus for about 41 hours. This thing is BEAUTIFUL. Still don't have it fully configured, so I'm still in "2 Phone Mode". Perhaps I can make the total switch tonight.

I have, however, realized what I've been missing. In 2013, when the iPhone 5C was introduced, that was also the first time Apple introduced a Golden iPhone. When I got a 5C, I got the Golden iPhone. The following year, when the 6 Plus, was introduced, I AGAIN acquired a Golden iPhone. But this year, I changed. From the moment I first laid eyes on a photo of a Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS, I knew it was what I wanted. I got online and ordered the first night, however, I ended up with a mid-to-late October estimated delivery date due to the high demand as well as an error on my part that delayed my order by about 15 minutes past original order opening.

In the week leading up to Launch Day, as reports surfaced about a lack of stock for the Piano Black models, I told myself if I could just get my hands on a Golden iPhone 7 PLUS, that I would be happy. I tried local outlets on launch day. They had none. They had received ZERO(closest location) or "a few" Plus models(15 miles away). But I had not acquired one.

Then came the miracle. On Sept 20, I received a SHIPPED NOTIFICATION from APPLE. I would have my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS on Sept 26. And I have to say, IT WAS WORTH IT. This thing is SO BEAUTIFUL. Because I'm still in "2 Phone Mode," the Golden iPhone 6 Plus sits here on my desk right near my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 Plus. As much as I hate to say it, I've MISSED the blackness of my prior iPhones. Particularly on the front. The solid black front of the phone is just a site to behold, especially when placed beside a phone with white on the face.

That saying makes so much more sense....ONCE YOU TRY BLACK....

I may not ever own another Golden iPhone, unless they find away to mix Gold and Piano Black. Now THAT would be a site to behold. They could call it the gangsta phone!!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I feel the same way about the black front. I really missed the uniformity last year when I had a rose gold 6s.

I may have missed it if you already said, but which case are you going with?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I feel the same way about the black front. I really missed the uniformity last year when I had a rose gold 6s.

I may have missed it if you already said, but which case are you going with?
I'm still undecided whether to case it up or just buy the AppleCare+ again. I am leaning towards case due to the fingerprint issue.

I actually joked with my family on the day that it was delivered about going to purchase a pair of white gloves for handling it with before I even opened the box.

So far, only one child has had the pleasure of handling this beautiful thing. It was my youngest son, age 10. He thought it was pretty cool, and pointed out that you can hardly tell the difference between the front and the back due to the color.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I've now been in possession of the 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 Plus for about 41 hours. This thing is BEAUTIFUL. Still don't have it fully configured, so I'm still in "2 Phone Mode". Perhaps I can make the total switch tonight.
I see you have taken it upon yourself to rechristen the color as “Piano Black.” :D

I wanna see it painted, painted, painted Piano Black! :whistle: